Reload this Page >

Rome/Venice apartments

Search

Rome/Venice apartments

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 08:27 AM
Steve

Rome/Venice apartments

Does anyone know of a reputable/reliable source for short stay (3-4 nights) apartment rentals in Rome and Venice ? There seem to be alot of them out there and I've heard alot of horror stories that I'd like to avoid. Thanks.

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 09:33 AM
susan

I did some research last week for apartments/suite hotels in Rome, but what I found did not inspire a whole lot of confidence. I think I've decided to try to find a hotel with a balcony and a mini-bar instead of an apartment. Most apartments looked pretty scary on the internet, so image how scary in person! Also, most were not in the tourist areas, so you would spend a lot of time travelling. There weren't very many that allowed 3-4 night stays; most required a week. <BR> <BR>That said, you might try: barclayweb.com (probably the most reliable company because they have an international reputation); initaly.com has a section on apartments. <BR> <BR>Also, I have been trying to find out more about Aurelia Residence San Pietro in Rome. They appear to be small apartments with terrace, maid service, TV, AC, etc. with a daily rate of 250.000 to 400.000 lire. I posted a request for information on this forum and did not receive a reply. <BR> <BR>If you turn up anything interesting, please post it. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 09:35 AM
susan

Oops, just found another in Rome. <BR> <BR>Domus Julia at Via Rasella. "5-star hotel service in the heart of Rome". Offered as residence or bed & breakfast. <BR>www.travel.it/roma/domusjulia/index.htm <BR>

Old May 28th, 2004, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure when you are going, but I will be staying at the Aurelia Residence for about 5 weeks starting June 5. I will post info after I know more, but I am not sure if it will be in time to help you Susan.
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:03 PM

I don't know how what size apartment you need, but Ca' Bernardi in Venice has a studio with a kitchen for three nights or more.

www.cabernardi.com

Old May 28th, 2004, 10:20 PM

I think they have probably come and gone - this original post was from 8/00.
Old May 29th, 2004, 05:53 AM
rex

Bizarre? or merely suspicious... that Baileyy44 comes here and makes a first-time ever post to a question that is nearly four years old?

Maybe there is an explanation. or not.

Best wishes,

Rex