My husband and I are taking a short trip to Positano August 10-16. We arrive August 11th at 8:40am Alitalia and are considering taking a train from Rome Termini to Naples. Our hotel in Positano Buca di Baco offered private transportation from Naples train to the hotel for 130 euro.
1. I fly into Rome. What is the most convenient and comfortable way to get to the Rome train station? During my last trip, I stayed in Rome 4 nights and then took a taxi to Termini to go to Naples. The train schedules are offering me a train from Roma Tiburtina to Rome Termini, transfer from Roma Termini to Napoli. Is that the best way taking a train to Termini or should I taxi?
2. If I train from Rome to Naples, do you recommend Trenitalia, Frecciarossa or italo? I prefer a nice train and it seems italo which is more affordable, I would guess is less desirable?
3. I've trained to Naples before, when we stayed in Capri, however, since we are going to Positano instead does it make sense to have a private car from Naples to Positano or should we take the hydrofoil/ferry? I often prefer to save time then money.
4. On our return, we are heading back to Rome, August 15, which is a huge travel day we hear. We fly home August 16th at 9:45am, which is why we are staying one night in Rome. Curious about your experiences traveling on August 15th.
5. If we departed our hotel 9am, what time do you recommend we book our Naples train to Rome? 1pm? or later?
6. Would you hydrofoil/ferry to Naples train or hire a private car (risk of heavy traffic)? We prefer to arrive in Rome quicker rather than be economical and take longer.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 2 Current plan for March trip
- 3 First time in Spain
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 8 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 11 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 14 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 15 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 beware of robbed in Milan
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 20 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 21 Once upon a time in Italy
- 22 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 23 GTG Paris December 2017
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 Christmas day lunch in prague