Rome tours...angels/demons

Mar 20th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Original Poster

Rome tours...angels/demons

My daughter and I will be visiting Rome in the fall and she said she has read of an "Angels & Demons" tour that lasts about 3 hours and takes you to all the sites listed in the Dan Brown novel. Has anyone taken this? (I told her for the price, we could probably plan our own tour since she has read the book.) But interested to find out if anyone has taken it. Thanks...
Mar 21st, 2007, 05:14 AM

My son and I had read the book, so we made sure we got to all the sites as we were touring. The sites are rather spread out, so if you're in town a very short time, you may want to do a tour to make sure you get to them all.
Mar 24th, 2007, 07:04 AM

My husband and I didn't take the tour, but ran into most of the sites while just touring on our own. They are kind of spread out, but are near (or at) places you'd probably visit anyway - the Vatican, Piazza Navona, etc. I made sure to take pictures of most for my Dad who loved the book, too. He got a big kick out of that.

Amanda
Mar 24th, 2007, 07:25 AM

There's a terrific map of all the sites in Dan Brown's illustrated Angels and Demons --we made a copy and had fun finding the sites on our own. Have a wonderful trip --
Mar 24th, 2007, 10:41 AM

Of course you can do it on your own as other posters mention. We didn't do this tour, we did the "Da Vinci Code" tour at the Louvre through Paris Muse. One plus about going on a tour, is that you really learn more about the history and story behind what your looking at. If your guide is a schooled historian, which many of them are, you can really learn a lot. I do recommend Rome Walks for Rome walking tours.
Mar 24th, 2007, 12:42 PM

I also would recommend the tours offered by:http://www.romewalks.com/

I'm not sure they offer an Angels and Demons tour.

Another well recommended tour company however does:
http://www.threemillennia.com/group_...emons_tour.htm

Mar 26th, 2007, 01:38 PM

Speaking of 'Angels & Demons', I've just posted several pictures of the Passetto which plays a prominent role in that book. See: http://www.saintpetersbasilica.org/Pics/StPeters3.htm