Rome tour guides and schedule

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 08:56 PM
Barb

Rome tour guides and schedule

I'm making my first trip to Italy in mid- March. We'll arrive on a Thursday AM after an all-night flight from Atlanta, and will meet up with friends from home who will already have been in Italy for a week. We have 5 days before moving on to Florence, and there's so much to cover! Once we get to our accomodations, (an apartment near the Spanish Steps) I'm figuring on having lunch, then spending the afternoon doing an overview tour, then possibly a short nap before going out for an evenings' activity. Can anyone suggest a company that does this type of tour, and possibly others as well? The other time I would be interested in a guide would be for The Vatican. The other things high on my list are a day trip to Pompeii,(Sunday?), touring key historic sites--the Forum, the Pantheon, the Colliseum, the Baths of Caracalla, visits to the Borghese and Capitoline museums,a Saturday night performance of "The Barber of Seville", and certainly some general strolling, eating, and shopping. We leave on Tuesday (no set time) for Florence. Can some of you Italy experts help me sketch out this itinerary and suggest some tours or guides? Thanks, Barb

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:53 AM
Steve James

Hello Barb,

Appian, Vastours, Carrani, Greenline & American Express are a few of the companies offering tours.
Here are their websitesBR>
www.appianline.it/panorama.htm
www.enjoyrome.com/vastours
www.romeguide.it/CARRANI/default.html
www.romeguide.it/greenline/greenline_eng.htm
www.romeguide.it/APPIAN/appian_line.html

There is also the '110' hop-on/hop-off City Tour.

Let me know if I can be of more help ...

Steve

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:02 AM
JOdy

Steve,

what is the 110 hop on/hop off tour??

Thanks , Jody

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:12 AM
Sherry

Jody. Using Steve's information, I found something on Roughguide.com. Sounds easy.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:13 AM
anne

Through Eternity tours meets right at the base of the Spanish Steps for their twilight tour. We enjoyed the knowledgeable, enthusiastic young guide, and appreciated the reasonable price. www.througheternity.com

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:49 AM
Steve James

Hi Jody,

I've topped a thread from last summer about the 110 tour.
The web-site is:
www.romavision.it/110citytour.htm Also:
www.miracleplayers.org/visitingrome/busses_in_rome_110_city_tour.htm

Another hop-on/hop-off tour is the Archeobus Tour of the Via Appia:
www.romavision.it/archeobus.htm Also:
www.miracleplayers.org/visitingrome/archeobus_rome.htm

Let me know if I can be of more help ...

Steve

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:31 AM
ellen

I can recommend Enjoy Rome. They have reasonably-priced tours of various areas, e.g, the Centro Storico, i.e, Piazza Navona to the Pantheon to the Trevi Fountain to the Roman Forum and Colosseum; also Trastevere and the Vatican. Check their website (above)

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:26 PM
italiatraveler

Try www.romeguide.it