rome to pienza--how do i get there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my husband and i are staying in pienza for one night on our way to florence from Rome. we will be staying at the Piccolo Hotel La Valle just outside of the old town. This is our first trip to italy and we are relying on public transportation. My problem is i can't find any websites for the local buses. All i know is we need to take a train from rome to the chiusi station. How do i get to pienza from there? Do i take buses or a taxi? How many km is it from Chiusi? how much would a taxi cost?

From there how do i get to florence? Do i go back to Chiusi and take a train from there or is there a more efficient route.

I am desperate. i have ben searching for a week on the internet trying to figure this one out.

THank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM

Have you asked your hotel? They should be aware of the best options and should be able to make any special arranements you may need.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:27 AM

You have already asked that question and have rec'd responses. Click on your name to see it.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 11:29 AM

I see from your other post that someone suggested you repost due to your title. You did get some good info on both posts which is to email your hotel and aske them. They have people arriving from all over and I'm sure they give directions all the time.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM

"I am desperate. i have ben searching for a week on the internet trying to figure this one out."

I just googled "Rome Pienza bus" and the Frommer's webpage on Pienza came up which said to take the train to Chiusi, then take the LFI bus to Montepulciano then change to the local bus for Pienza. Do the reverse to get to Florence as there is no other direct way. Chiusi is 19 miles from Pienza.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

thank you Grinisa. i have tried several different word combos but came up with very little.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 01:13 PM

I am curious if you asked this before you booked. You could have done Siena instead, or even Montepulciano, but Pienza is not easy.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

my husband isn't excited about tuscany hills and/or renting a car so i had to stay somewhere close enough to a town where he could go explore and where we didnt have to rent a car. this was one of the places i came across with vacancy so i booked it while i could and figured it wouldn't be too difficult to get to. i am now finding out it may be more difficult than i thought. thanks for all the input guys. i appreciate it.