Honeymooners staying in Rome for 3 nights before heading up to Tuscany (3 nights in Montalcino, 2 nights in Siena).
Question -- I know that driving out of Rome can be hectic. Would you suggest:
A. Renting car in Rome (possibly taking a cab from hotel to an agency on the outskirts of Rome to avoid the exit) and driving up to Orvieto (we're having lunch there)?
B. Train from Rome to Orvieto, hire car in Orvieto, leave luggage in car, and then head up the hill to Orvieto for lunch?
Which one is logistically easier?
Thank you all for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Trans Siberian Train
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 South of France
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?