Reload this Page >

Rome to Amalfi and back in 3 days?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2002, 11:32 PM
Danny

Rome to Amalfi and back in 3 days?<BR><BR>Hello<BR>I am planning a 2 night-3 day travel from Rome to Amalfi and back by car.What should I see? And where should I stay(2 nights budget)? Visit Capri?<BR>Please reply<BR>Thanks <BR>Danny

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Vincenzo

First of all, if period is this summer, I'd suggest to arrive by car to Amalfi Coast, not from Castellammare di Stabia and not from Vietri sul Mare, but from Valico di Chiunzi. This my suggest because of traffic and, also, for magnificent views you have from these hills.<BR>Maybe a good small town where to stay is Minori, Hotel VILLA ROMANA or, if you prefer night life, Positano Hotel CASA ALBERTINA.<BR>A visit to Capri is possible by hydrofoil from Amalfi or from Positano.

Old May 20th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Danny

Thanks Vincenzo<BR>Are the ways you offered roads or towns?And from Rome how? Does the Hydrofoil <BR>transport our car or only people?<BR><BR>Danny

Old May 20th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Vincenzo

Danny, the road I suggest from Rome is: highway for Naples; before arriving in Naples, look banner for Salerno; then exit to Pagani-Nocera and follow for Costiera Amalfitana. From the top oh the hill, named Valico di Chiunzi, you go toward the sea and the first town of the Amalfi Coast is Maiori.<BR>Maiori is close to Minori.<BR>Always sea at your left hand and you have Minori, Amalfi and, after more or less 20 km, Positano.<BR>Hydrofoil is only for people and, in Capri, prvate cars are forbidden.<BR>From Amalfi for Capri you have two hydrofoils at these departure time: 8.40 and 9.10: duration is 80 minutes.<BR>From Positano to Capri there is hydrofoil at 9.10 departure time and 10.00 arrival time.<BR>From Capri to Amalfi 16.25 and 17.25; the first one is good for Positano, also.<BR>Have a nice trip.

Old May 20th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Danny

Dear Vincenzo <BR><BR>Thank you for your great advice. Now my plan will probabky be Day 1: Drive from Rometo and along the coast as you described and overnight in Positano.<BR>Day 2: Capri ,overnight in Positano<BR>Day 3: Pompei and back to Rome<BR>If you have any other ideas I would be thankful.<BR><BR>Danny

Old May 20th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Kristina

I must second the Casa Albertina in Positano. I stayed there on my honeymoon 7 years ago, and again on a later trip 3 years ago. Ask for room 31, it has a fantastic view, big balcony and a giant whirlpool tub. Read about it and see photos on my website at<BR>http://www.wired2theworld.com/italy2.htm<BR>

Old May 20th, 2002, 10:27 PM
dsf

tt

Old May 21st, 2002, 01:48 AM
Vincenzo

Danny,<BR>I presume that all is right.<BR>Feel free e-mail me for further informations and any help, I live here.<BR>Ciao.