Hotels in Prague

Search

Hotels in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Prague

we are going to spend 3 days in Prague in late October and are trying to choose a hotel. from comments on Fodors', we are strongly considering the Cloisters Inn. is this a good place to stay for a combination of reasonable property (3-4 stars), good location and reasonable prices? if not, any other suggestions?
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 02:08 PM

And your budget is?
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 03:15 PM

We liked the Hotel Kampa in Mala Strana. Delightful neighborhood and terrific buffet breakfast. Believe it's a Best Western, so you can look it up on the web.
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 03:25 PM

I have the Cloister Inn booked for March 2005. Has excelent reviews on trip advisor.
For LOTS of helpfull Prague info,
www.jasoncholt.com
Jason lives in Prague and has a great web page.
Should you decide on the Cloister Inn, please report back with your likes and dislikes.
Have a great trip.
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 04:26 PM

We had two nice rooms at the Cloisters Inn in April 2002. The Inn is nice with very nice personnel. The breakfast was adequate, but I am a fussy eater and hard to please. The location is very good, just a block from the River and perhaps three blocks from Charles Bridge. Our favorite place to eat was the Café Flambée, at 5 Husova, about three blocks from the hotel in the direction of the Old Town Square. There is the wonderful, expensive restaurant Flambée underground and the inexpensive Café Flambée at street level. Both are served by the same kitchen. It is the best food I have had in two trips to Prague.
On my second trip that year, we stayed at the Esplanade, a 5-star near Wenceslas Square. It is a lovely hotel, but I like the location of the Cloisters better. Boots Newstrom