rome; short term apartments

Old Dec 15th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

rome; short term apartments

does anyone have a recommendation for a short term (3 day) apartment for two. Looking for great location near all sites (spanish steps...or coloseum...etc)..view would be great...lots of light...dont like dark rooms....we are not smokers...help..going early January...never been before and want it to be as great as possible...thanks for all info!

sandy
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 06:28 PM

Hi Sandy

We have booked this one for March http://www.romecapitalapartments.com...gli/Miguel-157

price was really good about Euro 120 a night

The booking process has gone smoothly and I found several positive reports from people who had stayed there.

Emerald
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 07:12 PM

I must that it looks like a great place. I hope your write a report after been there. It looks so nice...good luck
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM

We've booked one near Piazza Navona through sleepinitaly.com ; original listing found through vrbo.com. Sleepinitaly also had one overlooking campo dei fiori that was a studio apartment. They've been very helpful with emails, before and after I booked. We are there just after Christmas, the most expensive time in fact.
I also looked at holiday-rentals.co.uk. UK site but prices normally in euros (obviously as it's Italy!)
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 02:08 PM

there are numerous recommendations on www.slowtravel.com.

also, if you google "apartments in Rome" you will come up with lots of agencies. you should find lots of offers for apartments in Jan as you are booking at such short notice!

have a great trip,

regards, ann
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 04:39 PM

my sister and I stayed at
https://www.romesweethome.it/apartme...nt.asp?lang=it

we loved it. it is in a perfect location in the Campo di Fiore.
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 06:04 PM

I agree with trying out Sleep in Italy. They can usually arrange just about anything that fits your needs
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM

I usually use Leisure in Rome for friends and family needing apartments. They've always been professional, great, and they have good prices and apartments.....and they treat repeat clients well. I would definitely say check them out and you won't be disappointed....and they have a 3 night minimum in general.
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 07:22 AM

Ann meant www.slowtrav.com, a great resource for travel in Italy and especially for apartment or villa stays. Slow Travel has lots of reviews of apartments and of rental agencies.

I see www.tripadvisor.com lists a huge number of vacation rentals in Rome now. But the entries look more like ads than reviews.
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM

Emerald, we stayed in that apartment in October 2008. It's really spacious with two terraces and beautiful views of the Tiber. There is a restaurant just behind it on a little piazza (exit the building, turn left, turn left at the corner. The resto is on the back side of this building. It's called B4 and we had the most delicious, welcoming meal of our entire Italy trip there. We'll be going again next week. About the apartment--the only downside we found was that it was seriously lacking in silverware (we never found a knife!), no corkscrew, no coffee/tea pot!! Since you have a little time, I'd suggest that if these things are important to you you write and ask them to make sure they are available.

Also in the immediate area: Just to the left of the doorway is a little coffee shop. The owner actually remembered what we wanted each morning and fixed it as we came in (stand and eat your pastry and drink your coffee--it's always cheaper). Very nice people. You can walk to Piazza Navona, Castel Sant Angelo and the Vatican easily from the apartment. Trestevere is a bit of a hike, but we did it.

Next week we're staying in the Rome Capital Apts Feragoli (sp) as we'll have 5 this time.

I hope you have a great trip!
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 01:13 AM

I suggest you this http://www.italyrents.com/eng/apartm...e/babuino.html is situated in Piazza di Spagna and near Piazza del Popolo try to ask information
enjoy Rome!
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 04:30 PM

Thanks Mel... good tips - really looking forward to it only 57 days till departure!!
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Just a quick update... am still travelling for another 6 weeks but we LOVED the Miguel apartment... They have a corkscrew now too I am happy to report... everything about our stay was perfect. will report later... in Venice now and too much to see to be sitting on the PC lol