Rome restaurant- last night in Italy

Aug 30th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Rome restaurant- last night in Italy

We leave Thursday and I am so excited! We have only one night in Rome (7:00am flight out of Rome the next day) after spending five days in Ravello and Positano. We're staying at the Albergo del Senato (thanks to the great posts on this site). Can anyone recommend a restaurant, preferably in the Pantheon/Navona area, for our last night? Atmosphere is the number one criteria- something romantic with character, but not necessarily expensive. Maybe with a view, or down a pretty side street, or something to that effect. I have looked at the restaurant reviews on this site, but they don't cover atmosphere as much as food. (Of course, we'd like the food to be good, too) . Can anyone help?

ps- if you have a similar suggestion for Positano or Ravello, I'd appreciate that, too!
Aug 30th, 2003, 07:00 AM

Hi
my suggestion is La Tartaruga on via della Farina, about a 10-15 minute walk from the Pantheon.
If you click at the top of this screen on Restaurants, and go to the Rome section, you will find postings on it from past customers, including me.

It's a cafe/wine bar, no view, but certainly on a side street off the beaten track, and yet easy to walk to.
Family-run, simple good food, not elaborate but pretty decor.
Aug 30th, 2003, 07:03 AM

Le Volte on Piazza Rondanini is very close to the Del Senato. The food is very good and they have a romantic outdoor terrace on a quiet piazza. Near Campo di Fiore on Piazza Cancelleria is Ditirambo. Superb food, cute outdoor area in a romantic setting. Although romantic and scenic, don't eat at any of the places on the Piazza Navona. They are overpriced and the food is mediocre at best. La Rosetta, just off the Piazza della Rotonda, is an excellent seafood restaurant but a bit expensive.
In Positano, I like Chez Black, La Cambusa and up in Montepertusso, Donna Rosa and Da Costantino. In Ravello, try Cumpa di Cosimo.
Aug 30th, 2003, 07:44 AM
ira

Hi

Others have recommended

Bar - Ristorante Bruno
enjoyed the clam, eggplant and pasta dish. The restaurants near the beach are price-y and actually some aren't as good as Bar - Ristorante Bruno.

Da Vicenzo good reviews on Fodors abt 65E w/wine

La Cambusa fodors reviews very good

La Tagliata (www.latagliata-positano.it). It is high, high above Positano in the town of Montepertusso. If your hotel calls for a reservation, they will send a free car for you. Many recommendations.. 089-875872

Donna Rosa, Via Montepertuoso 97/99 tel 089/811806 Montepertuoso
just over 4km from the heart of Positano. Open for lunch 12.00-15.00 from Wed-Sun
Open for Dinner 19.00-23.00 Mon-Sun Closed Tuesdays from Oct-May Reservations requested

IL Ritrovo antipasto bar next to Donna Rosa good reviews Montepertuoso

Search this Thread