Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Rome-Paris-Benelux trip in 15days
Notices

Rome-Paris-Benelux trip in 15days

Oct 25th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

Rome-Paris-Benelux trip in 15days

Me and my 2 friends are planning to travel on March 2013, it's my 2nd time in Rome & Paris but wish to come back since i was not able to fully enjoy the entire place. Please give me idea for the following:

1. Which train and pass to book if we go by train from Rome to Paris, Paris to BENELUX then going back to Rome. (we are not yet sure if we can make multiple destination in booking our flight tickets - fare difference is a big deal too: Dubai - Rome, Belgium - Dubai).

2. Any suggestions where i can find guide to explore BENELUX? hotels and guided tour? As in hop on - hop off tour - the same Paris have it?

thanks wish to get more comments for my above mentioned concern
Oct 25th, 2012, 04:11 AM

Benelux is 3 separate countries - you really need to pick 1 or at most 2 cities (1 with day trips is better). I would do Amsterdam. There is no way you can include all 3 countries in the few days you would have left after visitin Rome and Paris.'

And if you have to fly back from Rome I would fly rome to Paris, train from paris to Amsterdam and then fly from Amsterdam to Rome. IMHO two of those legs are awfully long to do by train when you have so few days on the ground.

Also - are you prepared for the weather north of the Alps in March - often grey and quite a bit of chilly rain.
Oct 25th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

thanks nytraveler...we will consider your idea to focus on amsterdam..really need some suggestions as i don't have much info yet in my mind.

Search this Thread