honeymoon in paris in august

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking for nice accomodation in the 5th, 6th or 7th to spend 5 nights. We have a budget...not wanting to spend more than 1200 euros for the 5 nights. We are looking for light and arty not dark and old fashioned. please help!
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:49 AM

Not sure what the rate might be as it has been a bit since I've stayed there, but you might want to check the Hotel Artus (formerly the Hotel Buci Latin). Trip Adviser probably has some decent photos.

Very modern looking and each door features a different painting.
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:00 AM

Look at these hotels and see if the decor appeals to you... the first one is running the usual summer promotions for July/August - you can inquire at the 2nd one...

<b>Hotel le Clos Medicis</b> * * * (6th)
Superior 195-215&euro; -before- any promos
http://www.closmedicis.com/ (this web is a bit slow in design)
Look here for more photos:
http://www.parisby.com/closmedicis/index.html

<b>Hotel Pas de Calais</b> * * * (6th)
Superior (large bed) 183-214&euro;
http://www.hotelpasdecalais.com/
http://www.parisby.com/pasdecalais/index.html

Both have good reviews on Tripadvisor, and you can search on this forum for past comments
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:02 AM

sachaz, which ever property you choose, ask for the summer promotional rate, which many hotels are offering in August.
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:30 AM

Our very favorite in Paris is the Hotel des Saints-Peres in the 6th. They, too, are running a promotion in August, I believe it is E155 per night. The hotel is charming with a lovely interior courtyard, has A/C, which you will want in August. The decor is light and pleasant and the rooms are larger than most Paris 3* hotels. You might even be able to upgrade to a superior room and still stay within your budget. Check the hotel at www.esprit-de-france.com.
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:43 AM

I haven't stayed here, but stay nearby and really like the area and have read good things about the hotel generally -- the 3* Atelier Montparnasse on rue Vavin in the 6th. It has an artistic theme (at least the bathrooms have murals of artists) and isn't oldfashioned and dark. I think it's a great location and in your budget, although it's not a deluxe accommodation. Be sure to check on the AC thing as the listing on www.123france.com says they have it but they didn't used to.

YOu can get promotions on that web site (and it doesn't have its own that I can find) if you stay five nights, and the junior suite is only 708 euro total for 5 nights that way. It has good reviews on Tripadvisor in general, just usual complaints about small Parisian rooms which is why if you could get the jr. suite for that rate, it should be fine. I know it is less than your budget, though.
Old May 26th, 2005, 09:47 AM

My wife and I have stayed at Pas des Calais twice recently and find it very nice and just around the corner from Deux Magots and the blvd St Germaine. Check it on website. We have also stayed at Le Sainte Beuve which is very nice- also website.