I have read (can't remember where but it was an older book) that it is possible to get needed written permission to go down into the Largo Argentina ruins.
About three weeks ago, I wrote a letter to who (I thought) was in charge requesting permission:
Ufficio Monumenti Antichi e Scavi
Via del Portico d’Ottavio 29
So far no answer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 10 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 11 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?