I'm planning a trip to Rome for August for a total of 8 days, and I have an itinerary in place and I wanted to know your opinion. I read Rick Steves guides for Rome, and I'm basing my itinerary on it. I'm going with my wife, brother and his girlfriend.
So what I kind of would like to know is if you feel I'm missing something, or if you feel maybe something is worth sacrificing if too many things in a day. So, here it is. It starts on July 30th and ends August 6th. Please let me know your thoughts
borgesse Gallery and park (maybe too much for first day, replace for something later?)
Napoli day trip
colosseum Underground tour
National Museum of Rome
baths of iocletian
pilgrims Walk (a walk visiting 4 churches)
Dolce Vita stroll (a walk visitin the pantheon, trevi fountain and many sqares)
lido di ostia (Would you recommend it?)
travestere and jewish getto walk (1:30 hour walk)
vatican city st peter
castel san angelo
heart of rome walk (another interesting 1 hour walk)
cinque terre (on my way to Florence, my brother really wants to do a day trip here)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 10 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 11 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT