Rome Hotes - Budget - any suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a budget hotel (80 euro) in rome for April 21-23. Any suggestions. Where are the saft places to stay in Rome. <BR><BR>Thanks<BR>
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 07:12 AM

Hi,<BR> Try doing a search here on Rome hotels. I am staying at Pensione Panda in two weeks and chose it based in great part on Fodorites recommendations. All said the rooms are small, but clean and in a great location near the Spanish Steps. Try eurocheapo.com as well. Good luck. Tim<BR>
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 08:29 AM

I second the nod to take a look at the eurocheapo site. Lots of really good suggestions with basic insights into each neighborhood.<BR><BR>People seem to prefer the Campo dei Fiori area, which is the most central, as well as the Spanish Steps area. I've chosen the Trastevere area and will be staying in a convent.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 10:20 AM

We booked the Hotel Baltic off the ITWG website and didn't have a problem. The hotel is a little bit North West (on a map) of the Termini, we paid 65Euros, which was well worth it. The hotel was spotless, a great breakfast included and it was in a 'safe' neighbourhood. It may look quite a long way from the centre but it was a pleasant leisurely walk back at night and it is on a major bus route and near the Metro.<BR>The hotel is also on the Eurocheapo website.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 11:52 AM

A couple of years ago we stayed at Hotel Des Artistes. It was cheap, nicely decorated, with a tasty continental breakfast each morning and a very romantic rooftop. If you go onto their website, you can chat live with someone there. Very close to Tremini, making it super easy to get around.