Notices

Rome hotels, which to choose?

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Teresa

Rome hotels, which to choose?

I'm divided betwen some Rome hotels, don't know which one to choose:

1 Villa San Pio-great raves , good prices but I find the location rather far from center and shopping and restaurants.

2. Hotel Locarno (spanish steps)

3. Hotel Mozart (spanish steps)

4. Hotel Alpi - this one has excellent prices and looks very good but it's in Marsala Termini, didn't here very good thing about this location

5. Hotel Dei Borgognoni (spanish steps) looks lovely but is it worth 350 Euros for a triple room?

If any one could help I would be very grateful

Teresa

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 03:22 PM
michelle

Hi Teresa,
Don't know n.1
The Hotel Locarnois a beautiful 3* hotel located very near Piazza del Popolo and Via di Ripetta.
I heard about Hotel Mozart but that's all.
You're right regarding Via Marsala: it's a terrible area.
Hotel dei Borgognoni: definitely a beautiful hotel in Via Bocca di leone. Euro 350 is expensive, but 4* plus and 5* hotel are terribly expensive in Rome.
Hotel Borgogni is great!!!
Enjoy your stay in Rome and have a wonderful time.
Michelle

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Surlok

Hotel Mozart is nice. I was there because my friends were staying at the hotel. The lobby is small and not so attractive as it loks on the pictures posted on web site. Nevertheless, my friends loved the hotel, mostly for its extraordinarily handy location, and the beautiful view from the rooftop terrace, where they used to watch the sunset, overlooking Rome's roof tops.

Regards,

s

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:11 AM
judy

Hotel Villa San Pio is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The Aventino district is beautiful and quiet. It is a 10 min cab ride to any site of 20 - 30 min walk. The value for the quality of room and amenities is excellent. We were there last month by the way and are recommending it to everyone.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:27 AM
belinda

I recently stayed at the Villa San Pio on the Aventine Hill. It is a lovely area and the hotel grounds are beautiful. It has good a/c, internet access in your room, a bar, garden breakfast room, and at times there was a lady singing and playing a piano in the lounge. The area is about a 15 minute walk from the Colosseum/Forum area. The walk home is uphill, so take a taxi if you are tired. Even though it is not in the center of town, I highly recommend the area. It is very easy to hire a taxi in Rome and not expensive. The walk to and from the Colosseum area includes a couple of decent restaurants and a great little grocery store where we picked up picnic supplies for the train ride back to Paris.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Mandy

Belinda, I am staying at the Villa San Pio in a few weeks; do you recall the name and the street/cross street where the grocery is? Thanks.