My husband and I are going on a bit of a last minute trip to Italy (our 'honeymoon' - a few years late) We arrive and depart from Rome - (first few days there plus Venice and Cinque Terre are covered) but I've run out of steam trying to find something decent on short notice for our last night in Rome before a 9 am flight back to the States this June 7th (via Fiumicino). We'll be coming in by train probably fairly late (6-10pmish) from Cinque Terre so would like to be able to walk easily to and from Termini (10 mins?). I have heard this area is not the greatest but I think we can manage provided the hotel is secure. We are trying to stay under 150E. Normally I really don't mind budget hotels and since it is a matter of tight timing and we will probably be too tired to enjoy it, I should just book one of the options around, but I just can't get past not wanting our last night to be, 'blech, glad we're going home.' (It's his first time out of N. America and my first time booking such travel for more than myself as a carefree 20something) Any suggestions? (Beehive is full of course and I'm a little shy of their b&b listings)
Thanks for your ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:570:1233 Password Reset CONTACT AOL Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 3 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Motorcycle tours and rental
- 7 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 8 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 9 Transportation in Brittany
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 13 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Trains - website?
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 19 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 20 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 21 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 22 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Paris Apartment
- 25 Chinese new year festivities in Paris