Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rome Hotels Campo dei Fiori flat? Portoghesi? Teatro di Pompeo?

Old Sep 25th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just received the following quote from the Campo dei Fiori

For the dates required we have available only an apartment located in front of the hotel, on the second floor of Via di Grottapinta n.22, made up of one Dbl bedroom (One Dbl bed) and a bathroom (with shower) at the daily rate of 100,00 Euros for use single, including daily cleaning service by our chambermaids and taxes.

Anyone familiar with this hotel's flat?
There is no elevator, so two flights up is making me hesitate, though the price is good.
Portoghesi and Teatro di Pompeo have quoted 150 euro for standard singles.
Any comments appreciated. I do prefer the general neighborhood of all three, Campo dei Fiori to Piazza Navona, to Pantheon.
My old favorite the Santa Chiara is quoting 190 for a single, so unfortunately that one is out.
Old Sep 25th, 2005, 06:46 PM

Elaine

I am a huge fan of the Portoghesi. I've written here before about it, and how much I like the location at the top of Via d. Scrofa. I think I mentioned the great bakery, Antico Forno, the branch of Volpetti, the terrific little gourmet shop, and Cafe 1889 that are all right there.

I like the sheets and towels at the Portoghesi. The bathroom is tiny but nice, with good water pressure.

The prices for a double have been a little high for us lately, but that is my hotel of choice. We had a really nice room at TeatroPace 33 near at P. Navona last year, but the neighborhood, IMO, couldn't compare with that of the Portoghesi.

I know this is a glowing review, but I really like that place. Mostly location, but the nice linens and good shower, and yummy coffee in the morning win me, too.

However, at a saving of 50 E a night, I could be convinced to stay elsewhere. ;-)
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

hi
thanks so much for the details on the Portoghesi.
I've slept on it, and since I will be solo on this trip, I think I might feel a little lonely in a flat not connected to the main building of the hotel. I do love the location though,, the spaciousness appeals, and I thought about being able to fix some simple meals, etc, but I won't be in Rome long enough this time to really settle in anyway.
So, I think I'm down to the P. and the T di Pompeo, price is the same for a single,but the latter won't take a reservation until Dec, for next April.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 02:04 PM

Elaine, I have a reservation for 7 nights at the Teatro di pompeo early April 2006, and had no problem booking on their website-www.hotelteatrodipompeo.it. I booked the room in July, and they responded right away confirming by E-mail. I reserved early as this is high season and I believe they only have 13 rooms. I have friends that have stayed there and loved it. Hope you're able to book before Dec....
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

From the email the Pompeo sent me
the other day

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We have found availability at the above hotel for the above dates at the rate of Euro 150.00 per
room per night, which includes private bath, breakfast, and taxes.
The hotel will accept reservations for April 2006 in December 2005. Please recontact us in
December if you would like to reserve."

I'll try the website, thanks.