Reload this Page >

Rome Hotel Villa San Pio / Aventino Hill area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Lauren

Hello - just wondering if anyone has stayed in this hotel and what their thoughts are on it. Also, it is in the Aventino Hill area - close to Circus Maximus - is that a decent area of Rome to stay in? <BR>Thanks

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Ann

We stayed there several years and loved it -- quiet, upscale residential area, yet a 5-minute walk to restaurants and the bus line up/down the Tiber. All of our friends who have stayed have said they'd never stay anywhere else in Rome.

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Julie

Hi, <BR> <BR>My friends and I have stayed there several times. It is not as convenient as the usual Spanish steps area, but it is in a beautiful and quiet residential area that is easy to get to by cab or bus. Go for it. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 20th, 2001, 07:29 PM
lauren

Thank you so much for the response - it looks nice on the web site but I just wanted to check and make sure others thought it was a good place to stay. <BR>We will stick with our reservations! <BR>-Lauren

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 01:36 PM
Liz

Hi. I just returned from a week's stay at the Villa San Pio, and wanted to let you all know that we thought it was great! The rooms are as immaculate and lovely and they appear on the website, spacious room, upscale neighborhood, great marble baths with Jacuzzi, a very nice outdoor courtyard for breakfast and/or cocktails, friendly staff, etc., etc. The only downside is that you are a bit out of the way - about a 10 minute walk to the Circus Maximus and 15 min. walk to the Colosseum. However, a short walk to good neighborhood eats at night. For 350.000 lire, we thought it was an amazing bargain! Also note that cabs from downtown ran us about $8 a trip, so even if your feet give up, it's not a bad cab ride home... <BR>