Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rome hotel that has own transportation to airport?

Old May 9th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Nancy

We want a room in a 3-4 star hotel in Rome near the Piazza Navona that has it's own transportation to and from the airport, any suggestions? Thank you.

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Perry

We like the Due Torri but you have to take cabs sorry.

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:47 AM
elaine

Nancy
Any hotel in Rome can arrange a taxi or car service for you in advance, even for very early flights, if that is your concern.
Or you can arrange directly with a car service yourself.

Old May 10th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Hally

We are staying at the Albergo del Senato in the Piazza Navona area in September and they have offered to pick us up with their limousine service.

Old May 10th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Nancy

Thanks I will look it up. I would rather have service from the hotel itself, if possible.

Old May 10th, 2002, 01:54 PM
MT

We stayed at the Hotel Primavera in March. It's about a 5min walk from Piazza Navona. They provide car servce to the airport, but its the grandmother driving the family car. She drives like a madwoman, so wear your seabelt. The car is relatively new and has adequate trunk space. I think it cost 30 euros.

Old May 10th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Nancy

Now that sounds like an experience! Thanks. Is this the hotel with the questionable rooms that I have been reading about here? I will look into it though.

Old May 10th, 2002, 02:36 PM
George

No one else has asked, so I will - why are you basing your lodging choice in a major city on this transport issue? Just curious, that's all. A car is a car, a shuttle bus is a shuttle bus, a taxi is a taxi - they all can be easily arranged, even upon arrival.

Old May 10th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Nancy

Well since you asked, Curious George ;^), I am just spending one night before I head out to Naples. I don't want to spend extra money on a taxi or limo if I don't have to, I have done all of that before. I will be tired from the flight so I don't want to do public transportation. The hotel area is because I have a favorite restaurant that I want to go to that evening. Love Rome but not staying there this trip!

Old May 11th, 2002, 10:19 AM
JamesL

We stayed at the Teatro di Pompeo (near Campo di Fiore) last year. They have an arrangement with a limousine service. We were met by an---adequate...driver with his Mercedes. Worked out fine and really simple

Old May 11th, 2002, 12:08 PM
XX

Even if the hotel has their own transportation you WILL pay for it!

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:47 AM
elaine

Nancy
Except perhaps for some very top-notch luxury hotel that I can't even think of, even if the hotel has a car service that they use or call, you will be charged for it. Very few hotels in the world keep a car and driver of their own on their full-time hotel staff.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:47 AM
K

FYI: If you're getting a taxi through the hotel, be prepared to pay for that in cash and separately (upon checkout). In other words, the hotel won't just let you add it to your overall bill, which you might pay with a credit card.

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Nancy

Actually that is what I meant: to tack any charges on the hotel bill. Oh well, times have changed, years ago hotels just sent someone to the airport and you tipped them and it was a minimal charge. Or 50E may be the new minimal charge. Thanks everyone.

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Karen

MT , Please tell me about the Hotel Primavera. YOu can e-mail me. I need info about the rooms and quality. Thanks Karen

Old May 14th, 2002, 05:59 PM
colleenk

Karen- I stayed at the Hotel Primavera 2 yers ago and loved it! Rooms are spacious by European standards, were newly redone and had a lot of charm. The bathrooms were great too. Very nice family-run hotel in a terrific location at a very reasonable price.

Old May 15th, 2002, 09:07 AM
JIm

The Albergo Cesari has Limo Service.

I found it just as easy and less costly to use LIMO Rome:
http://limoservicerome.com/