Reload this Page >

Rome Hotel Near Spanish Steps

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Rachel

I am totally stumped here. I am looking for a nice 4* hotel in Rome, near the Spanish Steps. My husband and I are traveling in February, and want a nice, comfortable hotel within walking distance to the sites. I would like to spend no more than $150/night. Something with character and charm would be great -- location is more important. We would love to have both.<BR><BR>Any suggestions?

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 02:43 PM
c

http://www.venere.com/it/roma/rm_centro.html.en

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Jody

Try this websit they have some great bargains. The Genio near Piazza Navona is especially inviting<BR><BR>http://www.travel.it/utenti/sistina.html<BR><BR>This is for the 1 near Spanish stairs but click on the leonardi group to return to a ful listing of their hotels

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Book Chick

Hi Rachel,<BR>You may want to try Casa Howard on via Capo le Case. I'm staying there in January. It has an intimate ambience, with only 5 rooms. Check out their site, www.casahoward.com & you will see a photo of each room, rates, phone & fax numbers & info on reserving.<BR><BR>Another alternative might be Hotel Trinita dei Monti, at http://hoteltrinitadeimonti.com. Or the Hotel Parlamento may meet your requirements. It has a 4-star government rating, and is a family-run concern in a 600 year-old palazzo, but the amenities are 21st century. Their site is www.hotelparlamento.it, and you'll see the photos of the views you'll have there.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio!<BR>BC

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 07:41 PM
ricahrd j vicek

Good evenig, Rachel XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX<BR>We had used the HOTEL INTERNAZIONALE<BR>via Sistinia, 79, which is a three star<BR>hotel with 37 rooms about 8 times since<BR>the early 80's. As a three star have<BR>been satisified with it, however each<BR>room is different in layout, bathroom<BR>vary between with tub/shower or shower<BR>only. Usually looked at the room before<BR>accepting it at checkin. Street side<BR>rooms can be noisy on the via Sistina.<BR>It is located a half block down from<BR>the Trinita di Monte, the top of the<BR>Spanish Steps. We have since gone up<BR>to four star hotels and used the De La<BR>Ville the last couple of trips to Rome.<BR>If you need a list of ristorantes drop<BR>me a e mail and will send it to you.<BR>Going around the corner to the left and<BR>about two blocks will place you on the<BR>via Veneto....Richard of LaGrange Park, Il...<BR>

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Janice

another vote for Internationale - stayed there 2 years ago and had a good stay. Not the poshest place on the street, but a good neighborhood, and a nice hotel.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 04:56 AM
susy

Hi Rachel,<BR>I've booked the starhotel metropole**** (Via Principe Amedeo) in the second week of february with my husband for ? 160 (about $ 140) by the operator catherina at [email protected]<BR>I don't know if you like this part of Rome. Good trip!<BR>

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 07:14 AM
susan

we had a great room that overlooked the Steps it was $100 per night it was called the Hotel Spagna.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 08:44 AM
ellen

I just returned from Rome two days ago. It's my humble opinion that the Spanish Steps area is a bit out of the way. I stayed just around the corner from the Piazza Navona, placing me near there, and just a few streets from the Pantheon, Campo di Fiori, the Trevi Fountain, the Largo Argentina area, and within walking distance of the Vatican. I thought the Spanish Steps were a bit of a hike from there.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 02:47 PM
xxxxx

Ellen: What hotel did you stay in and how much was it per night? I'm going back next Oct. and that is exactly the area I want to stay in.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 08:03 AM
ellen

Actually, I stayed in a convent for $35 a night. There are hotels around there, e.g., the Hotel Argentina on Corso Vittoria Emmanuele, which was around the corner from where I stayed. There are also a number of hotels a few blocks east towards the Pantheon.