Rome hotel--My fist post!

Apr 21st, 2005, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Rome hotel--My fist post!

My family of four, (teens age 13, 17) needs a hotel for one night upon our arrival in Rome. We leave the next morning on the Eurostar to Venice. We'll take a car from the airport to the hotel and a taxi to the Termini in the morning, so with that in mind, what location would be best? Residenza Cellini is booked, looking at maybe Caesar House or Mozart. After a long trip from the West Coast, I'm hoping for a very nice, comfortable place to sleep! We'll be back in Rome for five nights at an apartment in the Piazza Navona area.
Apr 21st, 2005, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Great way to start! My "first" post, not my "fist"!!
Apr 21st, 2005, 02:07 PM

We like Hotel Oceania, recommended by Rick Steves. It is in the same area as Residenza Cellini, though not as luxurious I believe.

We pay 138€ cash per night for an immaculate double room with bathroom, a/c, mini fridge, tv, phone, and European style breakfast. There is internet access in the lobby for guests. 138€ was the rate for 3 nights last June (2004) and the rate we were quoted for one night this coming May (2005). We mentioned we had heard about the hotel from Rick Steves which might be why we got such a good price.

The rooms are average in size for Italy and nicely decorated. The hotel is on the 3rd floor of a building and there is an elevator in the building. It is a smaller elevator but it carried us and our luggage up with no problems.

We walked from the hotel to the train station (10 minutes), but with a lot of luggage a taxi would be more convenient.

There are reviews on www.tripadvisor.com and the website is:

hoteloceania.it

Apr 21st, 2005, 03:10 PM

When you say you're taking a car from the airport to Rome, do you mean a limo car? Or a Taxi? If you mean you're renting a car, I would think twice about it.
Apr 22nd, 2005, 09:45 AM

Without hesitation, I would stay at Caesar House. My husband and I stayed there in November and could not have been more pleased. Personalized service, charming and large rooms - first class. Also, the owners of the hotel (they are sisters) will help to coordinate your trip to the Termini (we took a taxi, and it was a 10 minute ride).