Rome Hotel...less than 150EUR??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to find a hotel, in the Pantheon area, for 150EUR or less in October? We would like to book two nights mid-October and are really struggling with the prices...Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tanya
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:15 PM

The problem is that any such hotel, and there are very few in this category, is quite likely already booked. Have you searched through the Rome hotel threads and contacted them all?
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Have you tried the Smeraldo or their "sister" hotel across the street (see their website www.smeraldoroma.com)It is a 10 min walk from Pantheon and super location and one of the most reasonable for that area.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:21 PM

When I went to Rome last November, I stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo, and it was under 150 euros then. But it's a popular hotel, so it may be too late to get a room there. The Smeraldo is about 10 minutes from the Pantheon by foot; it's right off Campo dei Fiori.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:24 PM

Try this www.hotelitaliaroma.com we stayed there about 4 years ago, I liked it. It wasn't next to the Pantheon but it certainly was walking distance as most everything is.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Wow, thanks for the quick responses...I have searched sooo many hotel threads and am coming up empty handed, therefore truely appreciate your responses. I have emailed both hotels and look foward to hearing back from them. Thanks, Tanya
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 02:25 PM

Hotel Arenula in the Jewish ghetto neighborhood is also about 10 minutes from the Pantheon and in your price range. We stayed in an apartment nearby and found the location very convenient. it is recommended in frommer's guide to Rome and I think the Trip Advisor reviews are fairly good.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 02:39 PM

Have you tried the Residenza Canali? We stayed there this past February, and the price then was E130 if we paid cash. This place is right around the corner from the Piazza Navona, very close to the Pantheon. We loved it.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 03:25 PM

I highly recommend Arco del Lauro, band b, it is more a tiny hotel. Check in tripadvisor to read what people say about this very nice place. It is in the trastevere, very central to everything.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Thank you...I emailed the residence canali, and await their response. Am I right looking for accomodations in the Panetheon area? We would like to be in an area that we can wander from one cafe/restaurant/bar, etc... Tanya
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 04:53 AM

tanya, we loved the Pantheon area. We walked from there to almost everywhere in Rome.

The Residenza Canali is on a tiny, cobblestone street just around the corner from the Piazza Navona. It's also close to the Vatican.

They offer airport pickup (for E35 or 40, I think?) which is probably a good idea to get, because regular cab drivers sometimes have a hard time finding this hotel.

We will definitely try to return to this hotel when we visit Rome again.
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:03 PM

We stayed at the Paradise Pensione (about 10 rooms) near the Vatican and a short walk from everything! Luigi manages it, speaks English, and couldn't have been nicer in helping us. It is located off the subway line and in a residential neighborhood near local coffee bars where breakfast and lunch can be purchased from reasonable prices. Hope this helps! Karen
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:35 PM

Not exactly the Pantheon area but close enough..near the Villa del Corso is this hotel that offered me a good discount off the posted rates in the off-season:

http://www.hotelparlamento.it/eng.htm
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 07:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Another vote for Arco del Lauro. My only hesitation in recommending it is that I'm afraid that it's going to become too popular and then I won't be able to get in. Trastevere is a fabulous neighborhood, the rooms are clean as a whistle (very recently renovated), and the very charming, bright & sophisticated owner-manager is both helpful and non-intrusive. Great place!
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 03:20 AM

Tanya -- in answer to your question about whether you are "wrong" to be looking in the Pantheon area, I think most people who have responded agree that a hotel near the Pantheon is a good location but there are other areas in the central part of the city that would also be good. Places near the Piazza Navona, Campo de'Fiori, Piazza Farnese and old Jewish ghetto would also be centrally located and near many restaurants, cafes and bars. Trastevere on the other side of the Tiber is a little farther out but also has many restaurants, cafes, bars
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 03:51 AM

Hi

I stayed at a place called Holiday Inn Express Rome - San Giovanni when I went to Rome in October last year and the room was 125€. The only problem is that the hotel was located a bit out of town...you can see the location of the hotel if you check out this interactive Google map that I have made of Rome: http://gardkarlsen.com/rome_italy_map.htm . If you zoom out one time you will see a yellow marker on the right hand side.

Here is my Rome trip report from when I went there in July a couple of years back: http://gardkarlsen.com/rome_italy.htm . I hope that you can find some useful information there.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com/ - trip reports and pictures

Old Sep 21st, 2007, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. I have expanded my location to the other areas that you listed...Residence Canali is full, Smeraldo hasn't responded to my two requests. Hotel Abruzzi has a room at 220eur...I will now email all those hotels listed. Thanks again and I will keep you posted. Cheers, Tnaya
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 04:44 AM

I booked my stay at Hotel Giardino for early October. It's in your price range but it is a budget hotel (no elevator). http://www.hotel-giardino-roma.com/ It's located east of the Pantheon and near the Piazza Venezia. I picked this place based on TA reviews.

Monica
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 04:51 AM

I can second escrunchy's suggestion of Hotel Parlamento. It's probably late, but if you can book it you won't be disappointed. Good location, surrounded by good shopping, lots of restaurants. Being on Via del Corso puts you within an easy walk of all the central sites (though we took the metro to the Colosseum area).
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 05:19 AM

Have you put your dates in Venere.com to see what's available? You can search my location and sort by price to get an idea of options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -