Rome hotel for family of five.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone found a hotel in Rome which will fit a family with three teenage kids, preferably in the same room or suite? (Trying to keep the cost down as much as we can).<BR><BR>Alternatively, anyone who has stayed at the Cesari or the Santa Chiara, would you be able to fit an extra person in the quadruple rooms, or would it be too crowded?<BR><BR>Do they have interconnecting rooms, say a double and a triple?
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM

Sorry, don't know of any hotels personally but you can always ask at the ones that state they have rooms for 4. I do know that they often have &quot;family rates&quot; so ask for those. Good luck!
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 01:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathryn - it certainly won't hurt to ask. <BR><BR>This is yet another time we are reminded that it would be easier to have the &quot;normal&quot; family of just four!
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 03:26 AM

A &quot;normal&quot; family of four. I adore our family of 5 despite the fact tables are made for 4 and we usually have to book 2 hotel rooms. I am actually in the same situation as you. The 5 of us will be traveling in Italy for two weeks at the end of July. Have all my reservations except Rome. It is driving me crazy. Palazzo Olivia will rent an apartment for a reasonable amount but it is not air conditioned. Keep in touch on this. When are you traveling?
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Original Poster

We're not going until December, so we're not too concerned about air conditioning (but heating might be important!)<BR><BR>I'm finding these forums a great source of information, but obviously we have a lot of planning to do.<BR><BR>Have you found 5 up accommodation in Florence, Venice or Milan?
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 05:09 AM

Besides the quad at the Santa Chiara, they also have a mini apartment that should accomodate five people. Also, Residence Barberini has a mini apartment.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 05:12 AM

HI<BR>I had once copied this info from the New York Times Dec 2000<BR>&quot;For families, the Palazzo al Velabro, via del Velabro, 16, 00186 Rom near the Bocca della Verita and within an easy walk to the Forum and Capitoline museums, has 35 large, starkly elegant suites, ranging from studios with kitchenette to two-bedroom suites with living room and<BR>kitchenette. A one-bedroom suite costs $150, without breakfast;<BR>(39-06) 6792758, fax (39-06) 6793790; Web site<BR>www.venere.it/roma/velabro.&quot;<BR><BR>I love the Santa Chiara hotel,but I understand that their &quot;family suite&quot; has a room with a double and another room with 2 twins. You should ask them directly if they can install an additional bed.<BR><BR>Hotel Colosseum, via Sforza 10, www.hotelcolosseum.com, 48 27 228, fax 48 27 285 has connecting rooms for families, don't know about families of 5<BR>
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 05:15 AM

We also stayed at the Santa CHiara, in a quad. As Grinisa mentions, they also have mini apt type accommodations. When we were there a family of 5 was staying in the apt. down he hall from us. The quad room we were in was a 2 room suite. One room with a queen, and the other with 2 twins. I think they could fit an additional rollaway in there. You should email them and ask, they respond very quickly by email.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 06:00 AM

We're staying in the Diamante Suite at the Hotel Pantheon. From what I've read in RANTS AND RAVES, it should easily accomodate 5, however it is pricey-- I was quoted just over $500/night in July. December rates depending on the time of month, may be slightly cheaper? It's worth looking at. Excellent location, within walking distance to many of the major tourist sites.<BR><BR>Good luck!
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 07:15 AM

Stayed in Vallidier Hotel with three teenage boys. Good location,GREAT PIZZA next door walk to spanish steps. A little cramped but we don't spend much time in room. Hotel is rated 4star
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 08:07 AM

I am getting good information also. We are not staying in a hotel in Florence, rather renting for a week in Tuscany. I would definitly check out the Palazzo Olivia for December. There are several good reviews at www.slowtrav.com. I would stay there but for the air conditioning factor. It sounds great and reasonable. We are staying at Pensione Accademia in Venice. Good luck!
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

The Palazzo Olivia certainly does look good and the price seems quite reasonable.Thanks for that!<BR><BR>
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 08:42 PM

The Cesari is a very nice hotel in a great location...I have stayed there a few times...I have tried to rent the same apartment, Palazzo Olivia, and it hasn't been available, but the person you deal with , Zac, is great. It sounds like a good apartment and a good location, but maybe a bit noisy...
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Ben

We stayed at Palazzo Olivia with our children a few months ago. Very nice apartment, fantastic location. We thoroughly recommend the apartments.
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I have checked them all out - the Hotel Pantheon and Vallidier both look great, but are unfortunately out of our price range. The suite at the Santa Chiara was quoted at 400 Euro per night, and two rooms at the Cesari for about the same.<BR><BR>I am hoping the quote from the Palazzo Olivia comes in about 100 euro less - unless the prices have gone up a lot since they made their webpage ..... with the exchange rate that will be closer to our budget!<BR><BR>Thanks again for all your help - please feel free to keep making suggestions.