Reload this Page >

Rome Fiumicino APT to Tivoli Driving Directions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 08:44 AM
cindy

Can anyone help with driving directions from Fiumicino airport to Tivoli? I have very basic directions from an Italian friend ("take the "big ring" to A24 to the Tivoli exit" - that's it...). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 11:33 AM

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Ed

Actually your friend's directions are pretty good, if somewhat sketchy. <BR> <BR>Rome is ringed by the GRA (roungly Gran Racordo Annulare ... ring highway). This is similar to a US 200/400/600 series interstate ringing a major city, like I-610 in Houston (?) or I-435 at Kansas City. <BR> <BR>The map you get from the car rental agency should be more than adequate to get you onto the GRA (which is quite near FCO), and on your way in the right direction to the Tivoli exit. <BR> <BR>Ed

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 12:44 PM
cindy

Thanks Ed!

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Ed

Actually, Cindy, you can get good specific instructions from www.mapblast.com <BR> <BR>Specify Italy as the country, Fiumicino and Tivoli as the origin, destination, and you're on your way with directions and maps. <BR> <BR>(Note: the village of Fiumicino is not quite the airport ... but close enough for now.) <BR> <BR>Ed

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 01:02 PM
cindy

Thanks - I didn't even think of MapBlast or Mapquest. I'll try that route.