Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rome + Driving from Naples to Sicily: My 1st time using Fodors

Old Jan 15th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first time using Fodors (so forgive any lapses in etiquette). I welcome itinerary suggestions/constructive criticism.
Travelers will range from kids (7/8 yrs) up to seniors (age 70+), during the Summer season.
- DAYS 1,2,3,4 Explore Rome {Day 1: Ancient Walking Tour + Colosseum Tour}; {Day 2: Walk to Trastevere for afternoon & dinner} ; {Day 3: Visit Tridente, Trevi Ftn, Spanish Steps}. Note: We plan to skip the Vatican tour on this trip and Day 4 we plan to free roam, then hop on an evening train to Naples. (we were going to drive to Naples, but after reading other threads, it seemed easier to just hop on a train?.... My big concern is at what point do we rent the car?}
Days 5/6: Explore Naples area:
Day 5: Boat Tour around Capri including time on the island + time to swim+ a visit into the Blue Grotto with an evening visit to Positano at Night.
Day 6: Tour Pompeii & Herculaneum/Ercolano .
Day 7: Early depart from Napoli and Drive to MARATEA by way of the *Cilento Coast*. Since the Capri & Pompeii Tours will include shuttles and transportation, we can save $ and rent a car on our last morning in Napoli before heading for the Cilento Coast. (How does driving the Cilento & Amalfi coast compare in scenary? I know the Cilento and may be a more enjoyable ride for the kids.
Day 7: Maratea: WHAT SHOULD WE DO IN MARATEA? It has a Cave of Wonders and thought my children would enjoy. Other Ideas? (next stop: Tropea beach...debating if we should Drive to Tropea on the evening of Day 7 after spending time in Maratea, or sleep in Maratea and drive to Tropea the next morning.... I guess this depends on how much there is to do in Maratea and if we plan to be tired from the Morning drive from Naples....experienced suggestions welcome)
Day 8: Tropea Beach. Any thing else of note that my kids and family may enjoy here? (seems like we can just visit the beach, have dinner, then drive onto Sicily and hop on the ferry to Messina, Sicily and stay there a few days, before needing to return to Rome for the flight home.

Suggestions welcome on whats the best way back to Rome, wheter by Car, Train, or flight from Catania IF not too expensive, since budget will be a concern.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips before I iron out the details!!
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 09:41 PM
kja

Hi, and welcome to Fodor’s!

I can’t comment on Maratea, but maybe I can offer some tips about the rest of your trip.

First, have you already booked your flights? If not, look at options for “open jaw” flights – into one city and out of another, so that you don’t have to backtrack (which costs time and money). On many flight search engines, open jaw is called “multi-city.” If you HAVE already booked your flights, consider putting all of your time in Rome at the END of your trip. You’ll want to be in Rome the night before your flight, so if you can do that, it will save you a change of hotels. Depending on where you start your journey, you might be tired upon reaching Rome, but if scheduling permits you to push on to your next destination, well, you’ll be tired any way, and that might simplify things. Just something to consider.

Yes, by all means, take the train from Rome to Naples!

Your time in Naples seems quite rushed to me. I visited Pompeii and Herculaneum in a single day, and can assure you that it makes for a VERY long day. Are you all up for that? (BTW, I trust you realize that you don't need to take a tour unless that's your preference -- it is extremely easy to reach these two sites on your own.) And if so, do you not plan to visit the archeological museum in Naples? That’s where the vast majority of artifacts from those 2 ancient sites can be seen, and it is an extraordinary collection, well worth a half day. And there is so much else to see and do in fascinating Napoli!

I trust you realize that the Blue Grotto is not always accessible? It depends on tide and weather. It sounds like your day 5 plan is some kind of purchased tour?

From your questions about Matarea, it sounds like you could use a good guidebook. I strongly urge you to get one – the cost will be nominal in comparison to the cost of your trip, you will have a wealth of information at your fingertips, and you will learn answers to questions that you don’t even know to ask.

A few days is VERY little for Sicily! Seeing just the highlights can easily take more than 2 weeks, if not 3. If you insist on including it in this trip, you will need to be very selective.

Instead, you might consider adding some time to Rome (lots to do there!) adding time to Naples or the Amalfi Coast, or adding time to Maratea.

Perhaps I missed it, but I don’t see how long you have all together for this trip or how many of you there are, and that information can be very helpful. Some information about your interests would also be very useful.

Good luck!

Last edited by kja; Jan 15th, 2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: to correct a typo
Old Jan 16th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

KJA, shedding more light based on your tips

Thanks KJA for your great insight!
-Re: length of our trip: not including 2 days for flight travel, we will have 14 days on the ground, slotted for Rome to Sicily.
-Re: travelers: 6 of us in total, (renting 2 cars)...2 young kids around 7,8 years, plus me and husband in 1 car, plus 2 seniors in their own car so that they can rest when it's too much walking or sightseeing or divert from our plans when they want. ( Actually, they are considering looking into a ferry from Bringhisi to Greece (possibly Corfu because its close)and spending a day or 2 in Greece, but that option has not been researched as feasible yet. I assume they would divert from our plans around the Maratea/Tropea area.)
-Re: our interests: we love cultural/historic sites and I love the outdoors, the outdoors, and the beach. I do not want to overwhelm the young kids with "Historic" tours that may tire them out, which is why we are skipping the vatican and choosing to do an Ancient Rome Walking Tour and Colosseum tour in Rome this time around.
- Re: flight tix, already purchased, but that is useful to keep in mind for next time.
- Re: putting Rome at the end of my trip... very good point about not changing hotels but my kids are young and tire out easy. I figure it is best to push the kids through the lengthy walking/tours in the beginning of the trip so that we have the ability to visit places of Rome we didn't get to at the beginning or want to see again. We plan to arrive back in Rome a full day before our flight home the following morning. I feel it will be the lesser of two evils keeping Rome in the beginning to knock it out while we still have stamina.
-Re: Naples seems rushed? I've been to Italy twice prior and this is my husband's first time, so I want to make sure he sees the highlights as well as keeping it enjoyable and at a decent pace for the all of us. I feel the Main points of interest are: 1)touring Pompeii by way of a guided knowledgeable tour guide (I've done it twice and has yet to dissapoint). 2.) Seeing Positano at night. 3). Seeing Capri and Blue grotto pending tides allow us to enter inside.
- Re: Guided Tours for Naples area: I am wondering if it will facilitate tho vs for the 6 of us to book a van with a guided tour of Naples area and Pompeii. This will allow us to stay together for this section of the trip and not worry about getting places on our own, as well as having a tour guide share some insight.
-based on your advise, we may include the archaeological museum in Naples as I think the kids may enjoy it.
-Re: Boat Tour of Capri/Positano, it's not booked yet, but initial on research, I found a boat tour for $900 Euro for the 6 of us. it includes: a personal boat tour around the island of Capri, + time in the island explore and shop + time to swim (love that we get to swim!)+ a trip to the blue grotto where we will have to buy our own ticket to enter Blue grotto. The boat tour ends with a visit to Possiamo which I think will be cool to see from the boats viewpoint. This is pricey for us, so hoping we can find similar excursion cheaper. While I am open to not booking any excursions, i think a boat ride of this area and positano may be worth it! FEEL FREE TO OFFER THOUGHTS.
Anything else that is a 'do not miss' in this area?? I am trying not to cram too much into the trip that we are exhausted, but also want catch the important stuff, while taking into consideration the kids.
- I don't want to add more time in the Maratea or Tropea section as this was not originally planned, but added in based on a previous fodors forum suggestions and sounded worthwhile.
-Re: Time spent In sicily: I think we will have 5/6 days. we will rent an air BnB near messina/roccolumera area and plan to spend that time mostly visiting a lot of family. The only sightseeing I do want to do is Taormina. We can tour Italy another time or possibly tour some site where family may decide to show us. We will be centralized between the Taorminda and Messina areas. Is there any other Sicily MUST SEE sight that I should add on if it's worth it??

Thanks again for all the feedback!!!!
Old Jan 16th, 2018, 07:06 AM

1 week isn't enough for a somewhat decent visit of Siclily, not even for the Eastern half of this Island. Therefore, I wouldn't waste days 7 and 8 in Calabria. There are overnight ferries and cheap direct flights from Naples to Palermo
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks neckervd. I wasnt really planning to "tour" sicily. I plan about 5 days in Sicily spending time with Family, but would love at the least a day trip to Taormina since its local to where I will be. Have you been to Tropea or Matarea to know if its worth it? Also, if you had to pick top 3 "must sees" in Sicily, what would you recommend? Maybe I can incorporate some sightseeing while visiting the family.
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 01:41 PM

kja made some excellent points, and here is another thing to consider--how many of you are there? It sounds like a multi-generational trip. Consider what kind of car you are going to need and if you will all fit (plus luggage).
It sounds like some scaling back may be in order--either go all in on Cilento and stay longer there as well as the other places, or skip Cilento and ferry to Sicily if that is a must.
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 08:04 AM

" if you had to pick top 3 "must sees" in Sicily, what would you recommend?"

Taormina and Siracusa are musts for everybody staying in Eastern Sicily. Then I would choose between Noto-Modica-Ragusa on the one hand and Vulcano-Lipari on the other. There is also a twice weekly ferry (and daily catamarans in summer only) from Lipari - Stromboli to Naples.
I don't recommend Palermo/Monreale, Segesta, Selinunte, Agrigento, Casale, Cefalu because it's just too much travel in such a short period.
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 09:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi dawn2dusk, and welcome to Fodors.

You've had some great advice so far, I hope you don't my chiming in as well. one thing I haven't yet picked up, probably my fault, is when this trip is, but from your ref to summer I am assuming that it will be between June and September, so you can reckon on its being hot. Also I don't know how used you are to travelling in a family group; if you are you probably already know that the time taken to get a group ready to leave to do anything grows exponentially with the number of people and the ages of the group and you have both young and old in yours.

All this brings me to suggesting that you are trying to do too much. In particular I don't follow why you are driving about 6 hours from Naples to Messina when you could fly to Catania for about £25 each if you book early. [look at kayak.uk] This would save you 2 days and untold stress and indeed money. At the end of the stay in Sicily, you could fly straight back to Rome. [see kayak.uk again] An alternative would be to fly to Sicily from Rome, then back to Naples from Sicily which I think I would prefer if it were me as you would at least be within reach of Rome in the few days before your departure, rather than depending on a flight back from Sicily.

otherwise, I think that you are wise to avoid including the Vatican in your schedule, but actually I'm a bit surprised at how little you have in your Rome itinerary. Days 2 & 3 are very sparse. You might like to think about a trip to Ostia Antica for one day, and your kids would very likely enjoy running around in the Borghese gardens where I gather you can hire carts that you can pedal around. There is also a planetarium nearby I think. I agree that a good guide book may well give you some ideas, or just google "Rome for Kids".

Finally, don't forget to factor travel time into your thinking. you need to remember that every time you move you are probably going to lose at least half a day. You also need to take account of jet lag, so thinking about that I think I might adjust the beginning of your trip like this:

Day 1 - land Rome 9am [I'm guessing]. Arrive hotel 11am. Check in [hopefully] spend day resting/strolling.

Day 2 - Trastevere [you might also include the Campo dei Fiori, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Spanish steps, trevi fountain - all things that cost nothing and take very little time to see] If anyone has bad jet lag they can sleep in.

Day 3 - Tour of ancient Rome.

Day 4 - Borghese gardens, free time.

Day 5 - train to Naples. arrive midday, check in. Lunch. National Archeological Museum.

Etc etc.

Hope some of that helps.

Have a great trip.

Day 3 -
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 09:27 AM

Save the big walking tour in Rome for Day 2. Allow some Park or pool time for the kids.

Doing both Pompeii and Herculaneum same day, in the heat of Summer, seems like a lot for kids those ages because you would be doing one in the morning and one in the afternoon. By mid-afternoon, heat can be brutal and Pompeii not easy walking for anybody, but especially kids and Seniors. All I can say is use plenty of sunscreen, wear hats and carry plenty of water.

Naples to Sicily, around 10 hours just drive time, so 20 hours just drive time RT, a lot in heat of Summer, especially for kids strapped in the car, even if you are making stops. With stops taking up more time, you might not be able to do the drive in one day, or be totally exhausted by time you arrive in Sicily. If you drive one way and fly or ferry back, what is the drop off cost for the car?

Have the two 70+ Seniors been to Italy before? In Summer? Are they aware of the 20 hours RT drive time to Sicily? Perhaps they could fly or ferry to Sicily. I am in my 70+, have been to Italy many times, in Summer a few times. Summer is fine at a pace that allows most of the sightseeing in the morning. The pace you have set is a race. I am not suggesting that Seniors can't be fit and hardy, and enjoy long trips, even by car, but you mentioned them having their own car in case they need a rest if there is too much walking. What about too much driving?

Corfu is not close! Ferry from Brindisi to Corfu is between 7 to 12 hours, plus you have to get to Brindisi from Naples. Would they drive and drop the car, teakettle a bus, etc.? Adds more time. You are looking at 10 to 15 hours minimum, Naples to Corfu by road, then ferry. Check on flights from Naples to a Greek Island, if that is what the Seniors want to do. What about one of the islands off the West coast of Italy?

It is your trip and you could do it and have fun. IMHO, not so for the kids or the Seniors.
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 09:31 AM

Oops, sorry. I think the drive time, Naples to Sicily is only about 7 hours. Still a long day with stops.
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 01:17 PM

When you visit Capri, make sure you go to the village of Anacapri, which many people miss. There are regular buses, and it is a short hop. There you will find some less crowded shops/restaurants, but your kids will likely enjoy the chairlift up to Monte Solaro, where you will find the highest elevations and absolutely stunning views of the entire Amalfi coast.

I have read that families can hire, for as little as $100 for 2 hours, a small private boat at Gavitella Beach in Praino (between Positano and Amalfi), that will take you to the Emerald Grotto and allow swimming in other near empty caves that can be a much better experience than the always overcrowded Blue Grototo.

We posted elsewhere some information on our visit last October to Maratea, where we had a spectacular day, weather, and a lack of crowds. BUT, the coastal drive is slow going, not because of traffic, but because the road is very narrow and very winding. We found it a bit scary, but the views were exhilarating. We missed the famous cave, but did enjoy the scenery from the top of the mountain that features a large statue off Christ similar to the one in Rio. A great area for couples. I have some grandchildren that would enjoy it, but this isn’t a beach area. It seems to us that Maratea and Tropea might be too far out of the way for a family to enjoy.

If you want an out of the way trip, you might consider Matera, about 3 hours inland from Naples (or on the way back from Brindisi if you opt for that). A great old town with caves, hiking trails, a rope bridge ,and it’s so original you will see why it has subbed for ancient Jerusalem in many epic films including the recent Ben Hur.

We have been all over Italy, but it’s been a while since we’ve done it with kids. Sicily has many beaches, some notable puppet theaters and a few cable cars. One operates from the beach to Taormina’s old town. I suggest you do a web search of kids and Amalfi coasting another for kids and Sicily and you will see lots of possibilities.

​​​​​​​Enjoy!
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Annhig very much. I am trying to find out the right balance of not doing too much, while also trying to fit a lot in since I dont know the next time I will be in a position to come back. (Last time I went to Italy was 13 years ago). I am going to CUT "Tropea beach stop" from my itinerary.
Reqarding your inquiry in why I am spending so much time driving from Naples to Sicily: I want to see the Cilento Coast. I have spend a couple hours at night in Positano back in '05, but never did the ride from Naples to Sicliy and I think it may be worth seeing. i was also thinking of including a stop in between Naples & Sicily (I heard Matarea had a "Cave of Wonders" which only takes about 15 minutes to tour and think my young boys (6, and 8) will enjoy it. I figure we can spend the rest of the day meandering around town befor moving on to Sicily.
Heres the link to the Matarea cave of wonders.
THE CAVE OF WONDERS ? Tasty Italy
I have added many of your suggestions to my notes to explore further.

I've also changed my iterary a bit and cut Rome down to 2 days in the beginning, and have added 2-3 days of Rome again at the end of trip before our flight home.
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks SassaFrass. I definitely want my mom and Aunt to enjoy them selves. They were born in Italy, but its been decades since they have been back. This trip may be a lot for them....Especially since neither are very Spry. Who has arthritis, who has leg problems, etc. So I am trying to balance this trip out in a way where they can go their own pace and veer from our plans when they choose to. My mom is the one who wants to take a "day trip" to greece from the eastern coast, but i think I just need to help her understand that may not be feasible.
I will remove "Tropea" from my trip since I was only going to go there to give the kids some "swim time". But they've been to Hawaii beaches, the Caribbean, etc.....so who cares if they dont see the Tropea beach.
I just would like to drive the cilento coast, so I guess I need to leave Naples early in the morning, arrive in Maratea in the early afternoon and spend the day. Then I am trying to decide if we continue driving onto Messina Sicily that same day or if we get a hotel near Maratea for the night and then leave early the following morning for Messina (i think the latter sounds better)
any thoughts??
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

OKAY I HAVE RE-ORGANIZED MY TRIP BASED ON YOUR SUGGESTIONS....OPEN FOR YOUR THOUGHTS:
My big dilemma is if I should skip my "drive along the cilento coast w/ a stop at Maratea" and just opt for a Train ride from Naples straight to Messina area? People are saying my trip seems too rushed, and I dont want to drive my older family ragged (ages 67, and 72) as well as peter out my children (6 & 7). (While they do have the option to travel at their own pace and we do not necessarily have to stay together)
After all the suggestions, I have come up with this schedule:
For starters, I am now* breaking up Rome to include 2 days in the beginning and 2-3 days at the end.
+Day 1; arrive in Rome at 9am. check into hotel by 11am about. Spend the day Exploring Rome
+Day 2 Ancient Rome Walking Tour with visits to Trastevere/ spanish steps/ Trevi Fountain, etc. (What we do not finish, we will get to at the end of our trip)
+Day 3 Naples, Specifically CAPRI (book a boat tour possibly) of Capri + time on the island +a visit to the Blue grotto, or maybe Emerald Grotto instead, based on someone elses suggestion that the Emerald Grotto is a better experience/ less crowded + with time to swim. Then end the evening in Positano for dinner.
+Day 4 in Naples: Tour Pompeii (and archeological museum if kids can handle the long day). (I figure best to skip Herculaneum/Ercolano to not overwhelm the kids). Evening in Positano Again, unless there is a better suggestion?
+Day 5: This is where,originally, I was going to drive the Cilento Coast & Stop in Maratea and see the Cave of Wonders, but I am now thinking to re-arrange the "Cilento Coast drive/Maratea stop" for the ride back, AFTER our time in Sicily with family, OR SKIP IT altogether????
+Days 6-10: Family that lives outside on the Eastern side of the Sicily. (we will plan a Day trip to Taormina + another day trip to Siracusa which i have never been to and am not familiar with whats there)
Day 11 & 12- Do we either take a plain ride from Catania airport (or a train ride?) back to Rome OR do we spend 2 days driving the Cilento Coast?
Days 13,14,15- more time in Rome doing what we missed or want to see again.
Day 16: Flight home
Especially if I cut out Cilento Drive/maratea, i can dedicate an Extra day to naples area or somewhere else.
thank you again for everyone's extraordinary insight in helping plan our trip!

-YOU WILL NOTICE I HAVE CUT OUT THE VATICAN + THE TROPEA BEACH DAY SINCE WE HAVE HAD OUR SHARE OF BEAUTIFUL BEACHES ON OTHER VACATIONS
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 08:07 PM
kja

Well, I (for one) am totally confused! And still exhausted just trying to imagine this trip -- and I travel HARD!

Days 3 and 4 -- are you planning to stay in Naples or Positano? If Positano, I think you'll be spending quite a bit of day 4 in transit.

"Siracusa which I have never been to and am not familiar with whats there" -- One of the biggest problems I see in the itineraries people offer is that they try to make plans without knowing what they want to see or do. Again, I strongly encourage you to get a good guidebook or two BEFORE you finalize your plans.

"Do we either take a plain ride from Catania airport (or a train ride?) back to Rome" -- Have you looked at the time required?

"Days 13,14,15- more time in Rome doing what we missed or want to see again." -- I trust you realize that many people spend weeks just trying to see what they consider the highlights of Rome?

Good luck!
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 08:27 PM
kja

One more question: I know that many people enjoy ferries immensely. I do, too -- for an hour or two; after that, I start getting very antsy. I understand that you are doing your best to meet the diverse needs and interests of a multi-generational group, and thought I'd make sure you had polled your group about that.

And one more thought about the Cilento Coast: Although I haven't seen it, and so can't speak to that particular stretch of coastline, you will be seeing the Amalfi Coast and the coast of Capri. I'm not sure how much driving the Cilento Coast would add to your experience. You have other options that would, I think, afford a much more varied experience. Just something to consider....
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 08:43 PM

Hi and welcome, dawn2dusk! I’m going to make a suggestion regarding a small portion of your trip, your time in Naples. Given your primary interests in that area, I’d consider staying in Sorrento, a pretty town with an easy feel and well situated for day trips to Capri, Pompeii, and the Amalfi Coast.
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 09:56 PM

Going from Rome to Naples to Capri, one of the Grottos, then to Positano for dinner all in the same day? Were you then returning to Naples for the night? No way!
You could go from Rome to Naples. Change to the local Vesuviana train to Pompeii. Stash your luggage at the entrance. Tour Pompeii and go on to Sorrento for the night. Do all the Capri stuff the next day.
Old Jan 26th, 2018, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you arrive in Rome on an overnight flight you will have jet lag. I would not expect to cover much ground on your first day.

I, too, am confused about where you are sleeping on days three and four, and would second Sorrento as a base for convenience.

If you are planning to do Pompeii and the Naples museum on the same day I would strongly suggest visiting Herculaneum instead, especially with kids and seniors. Pompeii can easily take most of a day, is large and exhausting, and has no shade. I preferred Herculaneum, which is more compact, has shade, and still has some of the frescoes in situ.

Also, I have done the train ride from Naples to Siracusa. It took most of a day - although less time to Messina - with rather boring scenery after Salerno and before Sicily. (Although the crossing is one of the few places where you can ride a train onto a ferry, which is why I did it.) Have you looked into the overnight ferry in one direction and flying the other?
Old Jan 26th, 2018, 10:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Dawn - you PM'd me and that's fine, but I think that you would get more out of carrying on a public discussion here so that you can see what other people say as well as me.

Honestly, I think you need at least another day in Rome when you arrive, OR go straight from Rome to Naples or Sorrento. You are just asking too much of your family. i don't know how your finances are fixed, but IIWY I might consider getting a car service to transfer you straight from Rome airport to wherever you are going. I think that it would be worth the money to be in one relaxing place for your first few days.

Also, you really need to plan each day by reference to how long each activity is going to last. I copied this from your new itinerary:

<<Day 2 Ancient Rome Walking Tour with visits to Trastevere/ spanish steps/ Trevi Fountain, etc. (What we do not finish, we will get to at the end of our trip)
+Day 3 Naples, Specifically CAPRI (book a boat tour possibly) of Capri + time on the island +a visit to the Blue grotto, or maybe Emerald Grotto instead, based on someone elses suggestion that the Emerald Grotto is a better experience/ less crowded + with time to swim. Then end the evening in Positano for dinner.>>

If I understand correctly, You are staying in Rome at the end of day 2? So on Day 3, you will be going to Naples [getting there at about lunch time by the time you've had breakfast, checked out, got the train] and then going to Capri, the Blue Grotto and to Positano to sleep? This is not being kind to your family!

if you agree with my suggestion about going straight to Naples, this is what you could do:

Day 1. Arrive. Car service to Sorrento.

Day 2 - resting, strolling, swimming.

Day 3 - Pompeii

Day 4 - Capri

Day 5 - drive to Tropea. Stop the night.

Day 6 - drive to Messina via ferry to stay with family. 5 nights.

Day 11 - fly from Catania to Rome.

Day 12 - Rome.

day 13 - Rome

day 14 - -Rome

Day 15 - Rome

DAy 16 - fly home.

you have a little wriggle room and could spend another day in Sorrento if you wanted to. Or you could drive back to Rome from Sicily but I doubt that your family would than you by the time you got there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -