Yup the first full complete wash up since it was built this Wall Street Journal article says.
Unfortunately scaffolding will be up on parts of it until 2016.
A good thing is that there will be a proper Visitors' Center created.
Hopefully the cleansing wil include giving the broom to all those various tacky sales of stuff right outside its entrance - those tacky flying metal birds, bird seed and hopefully IMO those fake gladiators who posed for pictures for pay will be swept away as well.
Anyway the Colosseum should soon shine unlike it has for ages.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer 1800~681 7208 Installation Contact शिकार HP Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Yahoo EMAIL Password Reset Contact Now 1~888~260:2909 Yahoo Tec*h AJ
- 3 Visit to France
- 4 Barcelona to Malaga
- 5 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 6 Trains - website?
- 7 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 8 Which Area in London?
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 First time in Spain
- 11 Best Restaurant Birmingham
- 12 family trip to Germany and more
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 Packing Champagne
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 Paris Apartment
- 20 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 21 Milan airport--which one
- 22 two days in Nice
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!