Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Rome - Casa di Santa Brigida - Campo de Fiori/Piazza Farnese Area - Your Comments

Search

Rome - Casa di Santa Brigida - Campo de Fiori/Piazza Farnese Area - Your Comments

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I consider myself very fortunate that I have secured a reservation (on only three weeks notice) to the convent of Casa di Santa Brigida.

I have read earlier posts here about it, but would appreciate any updated comments on the Casa di Santa Brigida and the area in which it is located.

My quest for the perfect accomodation and location is Rome is nearly over - I think!
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 03:35 PM

I haven't stayed there but did go into the church one evening while the nuns were singing vespers and it was lovely. The Piazza Farnese is a wonderful location. Very central, a beautiful, quiet piazza, but just steps from the action in Campo di Fiori.
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 06:24 PM

I seond what Grinisa has written about the Piazza Farnese. For years, I stayed with a friend who had an apartment very close by.

If you have read the previous posts about the Casa di Santa Brigida, you have probably seen a message of mine as well. There is nothing I would want to add or change.
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

So the area seems to be good. Perfect! But, Eloise, you seem to think that some of the good sisters might not be too hospitable. My decision is weighing heavy at the moment, and since the sisters want a personal check mailed out tomorrow, I must decide soon, I guess!

Old Aug 31st, 2004, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

Topping, and confirming that the good sisters of Saint Bridget will soon be in possesion of my deposit check. No looking back now!
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 05:00 AM

The location is fantastic, and you should enjoy it.

I saw your Rome itinerary on another post (and thank you for your kind words). Your plan looks fine to me, particularly since you have left time just to relax and wander around Rome. While I enjoy seeing new sights -- and after some 30 years, there are still new discoveries every trip -- the best part for me is just soaking up the atmosphere in the historic center, which is where you will be. Do take the time to sit in cafes and indulge in "dolce far niente" -- the sweetness of doing nothing. And please take advantage of the endless opportunities that Rome offers for eating well, and not only in the more expensive restaurants.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Eloise:

It will be hard for me to "sit and do nothing", but I am going to make every effort on this trip to do so. I intend to use that roof terrace at Santa Brigida, among other places, to do just that!

As for eating well..it sure is high on my list. Expensive restaurants are something we rarely do, so I will be eating good at less expensive places.

My wife and I had a somewhat difficult time eating in Paris when we were there two years ago, but I told her just last night that I think it will be different in Rome. I am hoping so, anyway!