Driving from Prague to Krakow

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving from Prague to Krakow

Have 2 days between Prague and Krakow. Will be traveling by car. Will be spending 2 days in Prague (have been there before) and 3 in Krakow (haven't been there). Have also been to Brno, ceske Budejovice, Ceske Krumlov & Kutna Hora. Would like a good route to make the most of our 2 days. I was thinking down to Telc then via Olomouc, but am open. Traveling with a 5 & 6 year old (they're great travelers).
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:44 AM

Are you driving a rental car? Will you be able to take the rental car into Poland? Are you aware of the drop off charges to rent in one country and return to another country?

I can recommend Telc but have not been to Olomouc. I have been to Trebic and can recommend that town also.
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

We are starting from Paris, taking train to Frankfurt, renting a car there and will be returning it there, to Bamberg for 3 days (husband used to live there), to Prague for 2 days, 2 spare days, then to Krakow (neither of us have been), then to Wroclaw, dresden then heading back to Frankfurt. That's the basic route. Only reservations are in Paris, Bamberg, Prague & Krakow since those are the only places we know for sure we'll be. I hope we can take the rental car into Poland. That's our plan.
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM

>

You can't just hope; you need to ask the rental car company if you can take the car into the Czech Republic and Poland.

How much time will you be in Krakow. I've visited twice and love the city.

In Wroclaw I can recommend the Qubus Hotel, right near the main square. The only drawback to the hotel is the very expensive breakfast but you can get breakfast at a cafe in the square for a lot less money.
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions.