Rome Airport Hotel?

Old Jul 29th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome Airport Hotel?

I've run a search for a hotel at the Rome airport for the night before our flight out, but nothing described appears particularly close. The Hilton seems to say it has a people-mover to the airport shuttle train and is 45 minutes away. Am I misunderstanding? Or is there something nice and reasonable closer? We have a 10:30 am flight out and probably should be there by 8:30, so we'd rather not go any farther than we have to. I'm not what you'd call a morning person!
Thanks for the input.
Old Jul 29th, 2004, 10:47 PM

Hi Lady, the Hilton is right at the airport. There is an elevator right near the entrance to the hotel which takes you up to a people mover which is a moving flat escalator which takes you right into the terminal. At the most it will take about 10-15 minutes from your room to the airport terminal with luggge. I have read here that there is a shuttle van but I have never used it.

If you stay at the Hilton there is an enormous breakfast buffet which is usually included in your room charge, put an apple in your pocket for later on.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 01:23 AM

We stayed at the Hilton airport hotel which as said is literally at the airport. The terminal is just across the street, an easy walk. They also have a shuttle bus into Rome so that you can spend the evening in town and take the last bus (about 11PM) back to the hotel.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:41 AM
Floorit

Halcyon, could you give the cost and travel time for the shuttle?

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 05:32 AM

The bus is complimentary for guests. Depending on the time of day...we were going into the city at rush hour...and it took about 45 minutes. Coming back at 11 was about 20 minutes as I recall.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 05:54 AM

Lady,

If you are coming to airport by "public transportation", or you are turning in your rental car at the airport the night before your flight, the Hilton would be your closest and best best. (Their breakfast buffet is impressive---you won't have to worry about bad airplane food on you return flight!

When you check their web site, scroll down to bottom of the pricing . That is where the "specials" are listed, if any are available for the night of your stay.

If you have a rental car you do not need to return the night before your flight, and are willing to get up a "tad" earlier, then check "venere.it" for hotels in Ostia Antica or Fiumincino. Although just 5 or so miles away, you will find other hotel possibilities that are less expensive than the Hilton.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 07:19 AM

On venere.it try looking for Euro House in Fiumicino if you want to save the cost of the Hilton. The Hilton is 45 mins from *Rome* not from the airport. It's not more than 20 feet from the airline ticket counters.

Stayed at Euro house 2 years ago, and the reviews on venere are accurate - it's an apartment building rented out as a hotel. It's quite convenient for going to the airport. You can take a taxi there or the public bus to the town of Fiumicino lets you off across the street. It was very easy to walk to town and pick up some groceries to make your own food since it's a full apartment with kitchen and utensils.