Rome- Airbnb or Hotel?

Search

Rome- Airbnb or Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2019, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome- Airbnb or Hotel?

My boyfriend and I are going to Italy in October. One of our stops on our trip is 4 days in Rome. For all of the rest of our stops in Italy we have booked Airbnb, but we have heard from a friend that it is better to book a hotel in Rome. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on what is a better option Airbnb or hotel? Has anyone stayed in an Airbnb in Rome? What was your experience? Thanks!
Old Mar 3rd, 2019, 08:24 PM

>>> but we have heard from a friend that it is better to book a hotel in Rome.
>>> I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on what is a better option Airbnb or hotel?
Better for what? Ask you friend what is better about a hotel. If the reason is irrelevant to you, so is the recommendation.
Are you looking for a simple one dimensional answer comparing a large number of hotels located all over Rome offering many different things vs. just as many Airbnbs also located all over Rome?
Old Mar 3rd, 2019, 08:41 PM

You aren't really asking about an AirBnb or an hotel but about a specific AirBnb versus a certain hotel. Or at least you should be thinking that way.

A hotel will have a front desk. Hopefully with friendly helpful people. Need directions? Somebody to call a cab? General help?
A hotel will normally provide breakfast. Positive or negative it'll depend on your likes.
Usually daily maid service.

The Airbnb OTOH may be bigger or provide you something else you like.

Rome is likely one of the simpler cities for foreign tourists. But you may still want a desk clerk to lean on
Old Mar 4th, 2019, 01:12 PM

We like to have a kitchen, so we prefer an airbnb; we like the extra space; and the prices are almost always about one half or less of a comparably sized hotel room. The last time in Rome, we were meeting some family and found a very spacious 3BR airbnb for about the price of one moderate hotel room. We have always had great assistance from our landlords with advice on things in the local area. As in many of the larger European cities, more and more of the units are owned by investors or companies, so if the personal attention is important, you may want to check. If you click on the landlord, you will often see their other listings and that should give you an idea.
Old Mar 4th, 2019, 01:32 PM

Have done both hotels and airbnb in Rome. Both were fine, with an edge to the airbnb (whole place, not just a room) for space and amenities. Cannot think of anything unique to Rome that would make airbnb any less (or more) desirable than a hotel. If you are booking airbnb everywhere else it would seem that suits your traveling style, so no reason to not continue it in Rome.