Rome 2 day trip itinerary input

Sep 3rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Rome 2 day trip itinerary input

We are arriving on a sunday morning around 10AM. We'd like to drop bags at the hotel near the Pantheon first and get maps and Euros. So I suspect we may not be out and about until noon. I would like to see the Colosseum and forum that afternoon. Then the evening for exploration of piazzas and fountains and dining. To bed early due to jet lag.
Next Monday morning drop by the market in Campo Di Fiori then drop off items back at the hotel, tour the Pantheon, then off to the Vatican Museum and St. Peters. After that over to the Borgessi gardens if time before twilight. Then to Piazza del Popolo, spanish steps, trevi fountain, piaza navona and dinner. Back to hotel near Pantheon. Leave next AM for Orvieto.
Is day 2 too busy? Should I wait till Tueday AM when we are leaving to go to the market in Campo Di Fiori? How early does it open? Can we get fruit or other items for breakfast there? I don't really have an idea of how long it takes to walk from place to place. Should we walk from the Pantheon area to the colosseum or use a bus or taxi? Anything else you recommend for this Day and a half stint in ROMA?

Sep 3rd, 2007, 06:38 PM

I'm doing a two-nighter in Rome with only one good day to catch a few sights. I'm planning the Sistine Chapel tour in the morning, then maybe a Hop-on-Hop-off tour to check out some other sights, then to enjoy the Pantheon and Piazza Navona that evening. Cant see everything on your list and really enjoy it - it's alright to take it a little slower.

Search this Thread