Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Romania photo gallery Bucharest Brasov Constanta (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/romania-photo-gallery-bucharest-brasov-constanta-957103/)

toscanafoto Nov 19th, 2012 04:17 AM

Romania photo gallery Bucharest Brasov Constanta

I want to share with the community the photos of my trip to Romania I visited Bucharest Brasov Constanta

to see my photo gallery click on the link below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodi...7628851204205/

Brasov in Transylvania I really liked and Bucharest is an interesting city

FrankS Nov 20th, 2012 02:48 PM

Thank you for sharing those photos, and you are right Brasov looks idyllic. We are travelling to Moldova soon and now maybe we can fit in Rumania as well

Percy Nov 20th, 2012 05:54 PM

Thanks for the pictures.

Nice to see Brasov again. I was there last year.

I see you dined at the Cara cu bere Restaurant in Bucharest, isn't the interior stunning.

Were you able to take pictures inside the Parliament Palace ?!

toscanafoto Jan 21st, 2013 12:04 AM

Yes it is possible to take pictures inside the Parliament I paid the price of admission and I paid to take pictures. Thanks to all !

bilboburgler Jan 21st, 2013 02:22 AM

Frank, which political enclave are you going to in Moldova?

FrankS Jan 21st, 2013 04:38 AM

bb
We will be on both sides of the Dniester River & aware of the political friction

bilboburgler Jan 21st, 2013 04:47 AM

Take care :-)

toscanafoto Nov 10th, 2013 10:16 AM

I want to point out the major tourist attractions

> Bucharest what to visit :
----------------------------------
- Palatul Poporului ( Parliament ) with an area of 330.000 m² is the second largest building in the world for its extension and the third volume ( Beautiful a guided tour of Parliament for the visit you should have your passport )
- Hanul lui Manuc ( beautiful building is the oldest hotel in the city )
- Romanian Atheneum
- Monastery of Stavropoleos - Cathedral of Saints Constantine and Helen - Church Kretzulescu - Russian Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas - St. George New Church - Saint Spyridon New Church - Romanian Church Patriarch's - Italian Church - Anglican Church - Church of St. Sylvester - Church Bucur - Church Casin - Monastery Mihai Voda
- Great Synagogue - Choir Temple ( Synagogue ) - Synagogue Yeshua Tova
- Lipscani area
- Palace Cotroceni - CEC Palace - Palace Cretulescu - University Palace - Palace Bragadiru - Palace of Justice - Palace Vittoria ( seat of Government ) - Palace of the central University library - Palace of the Military Club - Palace of the National Bank of Romania
- Arc de Triomphe
- Bucharest National Opera House - National Theatre - Theatre Odeon - Jewish State Theatre
- Memorial House George Bacovia
- Cemetery Bellu
- Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Village Museum - National Museum of Natural History Grigore Antipa - National Museum of Art of Romania - Peasant Museum - National Military Museum - Museum George Enescu - National Museum of Romanian Aviation - Romanian National History Museum - Museum of Bucharest - Museum of the History of the Jewish Community - National Museum of Contemporary Art - Museum K. H. Zambaccian - Museum Curtea Veche
- Piata Revolutiei ( Revolution Square ) - Piata Constitutiei ( Constitution Square ) - Piata Unirii
- Sala Palatului ( is the Convention Center )
- Park Herastrau - Gardens Cismigiu - Park Alexandru Ioan Cuza - Park Carol - Park Oraselul Copiilor - Park Tineretului - Park Lumea Copiilor - Botanical Garden

> Brasov what to visit :
-----------------------------
- Citadel
- Fortifications
- Piata Sfatului ( Council square is the main square ) with the Town Hall
- To admire a beautiful panorama take the cable car to reach the summit of Mount Tampa
- Biserica Neagra ( Black Church ) - Church of St. Nicholas
- Poarta Ecaterinei ( Caterina Gate entrance to the city )
- Library Johannes Honterus
- Turnul Negru ( Black Tower ) - Turnul Alb ( White Tower )
- Palace of Finance
- First Romanian School
- Neolog Synagogue
- Ethnographic Museum - Museum House Muresenilor - Museum of the Urban Community of Brasov - Museum of Fine Arts - History Museum

> Constanta what to visit :
---------------------------------
- Old Casinò
- Piata Ovidiu ( Ovidio Square )
- Archaeological Park and Roman mosaics
- Orthodox Cathedral St. Peter and Paul - Orthodox Church of St. Mina - Roman Catholic Church of St. Anthony
- Casa cu Lei ( house with lions )
- Genovese Lighthouse
- Mosque Carol I - Mosque Sea Mahmoud II - Mosque Hunchiar
- Theatre Fantasio
- Aquarium and Dolphinarium
- Museum of Popular Art - Museum Ion Jalea - National Museum of Archaeology and History - Romanian Navy Museum
- Beaches on the Black Sea

michaelmorrison Feb 16th, 2014 10:29 AM

Thanks for sharing with us all those nice pictures. It brings back so many memories from my visit in Brasov, such a great city.

LucyStanmore Jul 8th, 2014 03:57 AM

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. I've been in Romania around a year ago and had a wonderful experience in that country. In fact, I'm planning to come back maybe next year and visit some of the other parts like Transylvania. I'm curious to see what else it has to offer.