I and my group of 3, are in Romania for 6 days (april end) arriving in Bucharest (2pm) and leaving for Budapest on the last night (Train). We like medevial places, nature, old towns. Not so much into pubs/museums. Dont have an international license, but guess chauffeur driven tours are economical in Romania.
No plans to stay in Bucharest. I would like to stay in one of Sighisoara/Sibiu/Brasov. Sighisoara seems nice but many threads suggest Brasov/Sibiu. Beyond the Sighisoara town, Would like to cover a medivial village, transfargan, draculas castle and a short hike (if doable for my pregnant wife).
Would like to explore one or both of Maramures / Buchovina if time permits. The rail times look really odd, not sure how good/expensive a chauffeur driven cab can be. If I go via road, guess I would spend most of my time on road. Not sure how good the scenery around the road is.
Thanks for the recommendations,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 2 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 3 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 4 Which Aran Island??
- 5 Spain in 2018
- 6 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 7 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 8 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 9 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 10 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 16 Rent in Rome
- 17 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 20 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 21 Moscow Hotels
- 22 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 23 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 24 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 25 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?