Roman Honeymoon - Hotel Suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! We are booking our honeymoon to Italy in late August, early September - we will be staying 4 nights in Rome, before continuing on to Florence and Italy. Can you please suggest any hotels in Rome? Our budget is between 150-200 euros per night, but we can be flexible if needed. We are open to any location, but would like to be able to walk to most major sites. We are usually budget travelers, but want to make sure we do this right for our honeymoon!
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:06 AM
WWK

I hate to tell you this, but your budget falls within the budget traveler category for the big cities close to major sites. City hotels are expensive, especially if you want to be close or within walking distance for sightseeing.

You may find some smaller hotels a little bit out of the radius or B&BS that are a match, but I would research now because moderately priced lodging goes fast. Good luck!
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
WWK

Expensive was probably the wrong word, but centrally located hotels etc. often go for more than you're budgeting.
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:44 AM

Look at Hotel San Carlo and Nicolas Inn---have fun !
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much WWK. We will certainly take another look at our budget as well. First-timers here, so I appreciate the info!
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I were on my honeymoon, I would want to stay in a nice hotel.

I don't know if you want to spend the money but here are some nice hotels in Rome:

Hotel Modigliani--near the Spanish Steps. Not too expensive.

Hotel Hassler--the Grande Dame of Rome. At the top of the Spanish Steps. A very romantic location. Very Expensive.

Hotel de Russie--The most beautiful garden in Rome. Very posh.
Very expensive.

Albergo de Senato--in front of the Pantheon. Ideal location. Expensive.

Hotel Raphael--right off of the Piazza Navona. Ideal location.
Very Romantic--covered in ivy. Very Expensive.

Thin
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:56 AM

Hotel Borromeo http://www.hotelborromeo.com/where-we-are is centrally located in via Cavour which is very easy to find when arriving from the train station. It is so close to the city centre and Colosseum you can be sure you can walk everywhere. Then if you want to get out at night, via Cavour is full of cafés and restaurants.
Old May 17th, 2013, 01:32 AM

A honeymoon is a chance to collect special memories and with such a budget you can easily afford even upscale hotels where to stay is an experience in itself, as well as a base from which to start exploring the city.
To understand what I mean, just take a look Abitart Hotel website http://www.abitarthotel.com/en : it's like a pop art museum somehow, just more funny and comfortable.
The hotel is located in the district of Ostiense-Testaccio and from here to reach the center you have to take the metro, but in the evening, people come there even from the center because here are the most fashionable and the best typical restaurants, including a trendy one right inside the hotel.
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:20 AM
WWK

Hi again,

Read the posts above and trust me, you don't want to rely on the metro in Rome! The San Carlo, Nicholas Inn and Hotel Modigliani look like they match your budget, and all of them are well-located for walking/exploring Rome.

For a splurge, my favorite hotel in Rome is Albergo Del Senato. The rooms can be small ( true of many hotels in Rome), but the staff is excellent, and the location across the street from the Pantheon is very central to everything you'll want to do and see.
Old May 17th, 2013, 05:10 AM

It's always a matter of choice, on the road as in life. Personally, a journey of 20 minutes by tram does not seem like a big deal and it also gives me the opportunity to see real people and not just the tourists in the center.
Ostiense is the city most trendy area, the center the district of the postcards. Beautiful, but postcards. So, the answer is: it depends on what someone is looking for.
Of course, you don't choice a hotel as Abitart just for location, but because you want a different experience of stay.
Old May 17th, 2013, 05:16 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Campo de Fiori this past March and loved it. Great location and I believe they have a top floor room with a balcony that may be great for a honeymoon. They also have a really, really great breakfast included in the room rate and were very helpful with making reservations for museums, dinner etc.
Old May 17th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! Great suggestions. Can't wait to get started!
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM

I would recommend Hotel Albergo del Senato. It's really close to the Pantheon. And the rooms are quite luxury feeling.
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 04:41 AM

Hotel Isa near Vatican city, it's a beautiful design hotel.