rock&roll places to voisit in Lonndon

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Michael

rock&roll places to voisit in Lonndon

I would like to know of places to visit and see that are rock& Roll related. I know about Abby Road studio. Any other places that anyone know about would be helpfull.
Any cafes, I know Bill Wyman from the Stones has one. The location of this would help.
Thanks,
Mike

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 07:10 AM
dkw

One of the "London Walks" tours has a Rock & Roll London tour that takes you to many of the sights you are probably thinking of. I took it in 1997 and enjoyed it immensely.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Andrew

Yes, dkw, I took one of the "Beatles Walks" from London Walks and it was great. Showed not only Beatles sites but other significant sites in British rock (e.g. the club where the Jimi Hendrix Experience made their debut is just nextdoor to the gallery where John met Yoko).

Andrew

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Ben Haines

A good set of notes on related places is at www.wfmu.org/LCD/26/london.html

Welcome to London.

Ben Haines

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 12:22 PM
drew

The original Hard Rock Cafe is in London, though I don't know if that's what you had in mind.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Nick

Bill Wyman's place is called Sticky Fingers - burger type place. Located in west end/knightsbridge area I think - check it when in London. Supposed to be OK but nothing special.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:26 AM
trying

It seems to me that during the London Walks Chelsea pub walk, we passed a few houses that were once owned/occupied by members of the Stones, etc.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 01:39 AM
Nick

Following up on last response. Ronnie Wood of Stones now lives in Richmond - Cricketers Pub is supposedly a favourite hangout for him. Jagger's ex still lives in their big house on top of Richmond Hill and Pete Townsend I think still lives diagonally opposite them. Eel Pie Island opposite Twickenham used to have a pub where I think the Stones started out(but no pubs on the island any longer).