Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paphos,Cyprus-honeymoon hotel suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2016, 09:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter and her fiance are marrying in Paphos Cyprus and are torn between the following hotels to stay for the week after the wedding. If you had a choice between these hotels-what would you chose?

Alexander the Great Hotel-cannot get a sea view though!
Elysium-cannot get a sea view there either!

Sentido Thalassa Coral Bay-can get a sea view
Amphora Hotel and Suites-has sea view

They will have a rental car but wanted something that they could walk around at night and enjoy tavernas and the ocean.

If anyone could help-I would be most appreciative!'
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 01:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've stayed at the Alexander the Great and it's a very good hotel, shame about the sea view. Coral Bay is a good spot, but a fair way out of Paphos itself, however, there's probably enough there to keep them entertained for a few days after the ceremony.

With a rental car, they'll have more than enough to do to fill in the rest of the week. They can drive over to Larnaca and Limassol, even Nicosia, or up to Polis and the Akamas area. Up to the Troodos mountains is a lovely run.

Given the choice even without a sea view, I'd take Paphos. If a sea view is very important, then Coral Bay.
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be a bit worried about not having a sea view in Paphos. What view will you get - if facing a road, it can be noisy esp in the evenings. I'm sure both hotels are fine, with the Elysium having the edge. Coral Bay has a better beach for swimming but the tavernas etc in the immediate area are touristy, however Peyia village is a short drive away. Are you really limited to those particular hotels and area?