Road trip from Prague to Brussels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me, my wife and my 3 daughters (16,14,10) will be doing road trip from Prague to Brussels by end of December.
Since it's a long trip, I think we have to stop by at some places on the way to Brussels.
What we hope on this road trip :
1. We can see good scenery
2. We can experience a good christmas market
3. A City that we are recomended to stop over for sleep or even stay for a day or two in that city if they are good to explore.
Right now, I am planning to spend 3 days on this road trip from Prague to Brussels.

We appreciate your share valued experience. Thank you.
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM

Plzen if the origin of "real" Pilsener beer interests you, and it has more to offer than that - www.pilsen.eu/citizen/

Bamberg (www.bamberg.de/english/englishpages.htm) north of Nürnberg

Würzburg - if for nothing else than the palace (www.residenz-wuerzburg.de/englisch/residenz/)

Rothenburg ob der Tauber as a slight detour from Nürnberg to Würzburg

Cologne (Köln) for the chocolate museum (www.schokoladenmuseum.de/start.html) and for the world-famous cathedral opposite the main train station
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 05:31 PM

Don;t know what scenery will be like in Dec. Trees with no leaves, no flowers, grass is brown and crunchy - and that's if it;s not covered by snow.(Do you have experience driving in snow - if not I would NOT attempt it in a rental car in a foreign country.)

This would be a lovely trip in May or June.
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 08:41 PM

OP comes from Singapore and has two other trip legs planned - substantial trips through the alps etc. We can only keep our fingers crossed for him and his family, and hope that they'll have the winter clothes and the patience it takes and the flexibility it requires to deal with the unforeseen, the unsafe, and the monotonous in winter...
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 09:19 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
From one of your other threads . . . http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...to-travel-.cfm . . . I fear you are biting off MUCH more than you can chew. Are you still trying to fit in Paris and London and all those other places plus these looooooong drives Venice to Prague and Prague to Belgium . . . in winter?