I'm looking into a 9 day trip, starting in Florence and ending in Sorrento. We are planning to spend 3 nights in Florence before hiring a car and leisurely driving down to Sorrento.
After Florence, we want to include Siena, Pompeii and explore Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast but we want to avoid Rome (as we visited there last year). I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good sight-seeing route, with good places to stop off.
We are a couple, 26-27yrs olds, like walking, art, architecture and experiencing the local culture. We want to explore the best bits but also do a bit of relaxing towards to the end of the trip.
Also, the only time we can get away in early July. Do you think it will be uncomfortably hot?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 2 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 5 Scotland ideas
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Where to buy Saffron?
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 16 Portugal
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 19 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 20 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 21 paris to london- day trip
- 22 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 23 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 24 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 25 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland