SO I am finalizing a lot of arrangements for our July - August trip and am really stuck on a few things that I can't seem to find anywhere! The trip is this summer, me and my great aunt (ages 29 & 74 at trip time) and in these two spots we are really looking for some relaxation, a beach, good food, good wine, and maybe some shopping and a few historical sites while we are at it. Minimal hiking, etc.although a short easy one will be doable.
#1: Where to base ourselves on the riviera! I was thinking Camogli, but am now wondering if Vernazza or SML would be better? I need serious help! We would like to get a taste for many of the towns on the riviera (including some of the CT and Portofino). Travelling between these by boat would wonderful too.
#2: Can we rent a car in Alba (as opposed to renting it somewhere else and driving TO Alba?) We would like to minimize long drives and instead utilize trains and boats as much as possible - but I can't find much about this...
#3: Any hotel recommendations in Garda? Having a very hard time finding much info online! Also, do we need a car here? Thought maybe a day trip to Padua would be nice, but do we really need a car in Garda?
I know these are very random questions, but I am stuck on these topics - I have gotten so much help here that I figured I would try again!
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 2 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 3 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 6 Help with Venice Trip?
- 7 Dubrovnik
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 Norte Dame light show!
- 10 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 11 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 12 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 13 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 10 Days in Austria
- 16 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Greece in end October
- 19 Champagne Tours
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 22 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 24 Le Marche Research Help
- 25 Lisbon neighborhoods