Reload this Page >

Rimini, Austria or German Rhine

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Buzzy

We have the choice of 3 last minute trips. 1 to Austria, 1 to Germany staying in a hotel near Katz Castle on the Rhine and the last to Rimini staying in a Hotel called Hotel Atlas. We are most tempted by the Rimini trip but things I have read suggest it's a young town more suited to clubbers etc. Anyone got anything they can add to that? Also which trip would you choose?

Old May 20th, 2007, 05:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buzzy, I wouldn't go to Rimini because I don't like the wave breakers they have. There are no waves which I so very miss. However, if you have an upscale hotel with a pool, it might be what you're looking for. Rimini is known for its party life and youth but I really getting an upscale hotel should help to avoid any wild parties in the next room.

Where is your destination in Austria?
Old May 20th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Buzzy

Austrian destination in a place called Oberndorf. Staying in Hotel Kitzbuhler Alpen. I have to choose between the 3 last minute trips by tomorrow as departure is for next Saturday. Thanks

Old May 20th, 2007, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have stayed in Rimini in the past. It's a smallish town cenetered around the beach and the waterfront. The beach is not great, the water not too clean in my opinion. There is little to do in the town except for a few good restaurants at nite. We did enjoy drives into the nearby hills.
The Austrian or Rhine choice sounds much more appealing.For this time of year, I would pick Austria simply cause the weather is still not great
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely not Rimini. The weather forecast for the Alps is rain for next weekend and the following days, so I'd not go to Oberndorf either.

You'll best off with the Rhine IMO (though I am not really a fan of that region).
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:28 AM
Buzzy

TTT