Rigi, Pilatus, Titlis, or Stanserhorn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying in Weggis next summer for three days and want to do some hiking. Which of these do you recommend, both in terms of beauty and accessibility? Thanks!
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely the Rigi since you can take the cable car right from Weggis up to Rigi Kaltbad.

Titlis is interesting because of the ice cave, the three different lifts you take, the snow and the wonderful view of other mountains. You don't do much hiking up there though.

Another mountain I'd like to mention is Stoos and the Fronalpstock. You can take the cable car from Morschach up to the Stoos (or the cogwheel train located between Schwyz and Muotathal) and then hike up to Fronalpstock. Great views, beautiful alpine fields and very few tourists.

I've been to Pilatus and Stanserhorn too although not recently. I'll let someone else comment on them.
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will second shuler's recommendation of Rigi. We were there for the first time last summer---usually we spend our Switzerland time in and around Mürren, Kandersteg, and Bettmeralp. We stayed at Rigi Kaltbad and found a number of nice walks to fill the short time we had there. The views out over the lake are gorgeous.
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Enzian,

We were just last week up on the Rigi Scheidegg and walked over to Unterstetten. Had a very inexpensive meal and a wonderful dessert: a huge meringue with whipped cream and ice cream for SFr. 6.50. The dessert feeds at least two people. We shared it among the four of us.

The trails were easy but we were in fog much of the time. The following day would have been much more beautiful.