Search

Rhodes - where to stay

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rhodes - where to stay

Hello!
I am looking for some help with my trip to Rhodes.
What is the best area to stay on Rhodes?
Is it better to stay in Lindos area, or somewhere closer to Rhodes Town?
What would be the most convenient base for exploring the rest of the island?
How long does it take driving from Rhodes Town to Lindos?
Are there any good hotels that you could recommend?
Thank you for your help!

Old May 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM

If I went again, I would stay in Rhodes Town (Rodos). Lindos has a nice beach, a castle and a town full of narrow alleys. I seem to remember that by bus it's about an hour between the two though car is obviously a lot quicker.

http://www.rodos.com/hotels-rh.htm

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...es_vacations-i
Old May 27th, 2007, 07:48 AM

When are you going to Rhodes?

I'd say go to Rhodes town... it's has transportation to all of the major sites.
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:23 AM

I would suggest ,Faliraki between Lindos and Town to take full advantage of the beach and resort feeling:
The Grecotel ot the Rhodos Palladium are both fine

For Lindos check the Melenos www.melenoslindos.com
Old May 28th, 2007, 01:58 AM

Hi Lusya - Either Lindos or Rhodes town. Nowhere else comes close IMO ...

Steve
Old May 28th, 2007, 02:36 AM

Hi

Haven't stayed here but I love the looks of the roof gatden - http://www.minospension.com.
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:06 AM

Last summer we stayed in a B & B within the old town walls the only one I think. Not a large hotel but great if you like B & B's it is more like a small inn.

http://www.cavadoro.com/

Cava D'oro
KISTHINIOU STR. 15
OLD TOWN OF RHODES
85100 RHODES GREECE

TEL 1 : +30 2241 0 36980
TEL 2 : +30 2241 0 25537
FAX : +30 2241 0 77332
EMAIL : [email protected]

We also took the bus to Lindos. t did take about an hour and was well worth it. It really depends on what you want. Lindos seems more romantic (also a topless beach we went to that we were unaware of with our 16 yr old daughter.) and Rhodes Town more history and easy one hour ferys to Marmaris turkey.

Old May 29th, 2007, 10:11 AM

In 2005 I stayed at Niki's rooms and was very happy, the rooms were basic but comfortable and the location is very good as is Minos Pension which was my second choice but chose Niki's because it was cheaper. http://www.nikishotel.gr/generalview.htm
Old May 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Just returned from Rhodes -- stayed 5 nights at the Isbicus Hotel and we enjoyed our stay very much. It is located in Rhodes (new town), next to the Mediterrean and right across from the city owned beach. If you get a seaside room (request one) you can watch the ferries come and go out of the harbor and the happenings on the beach. Access to old town is a 15-20 minute walk (uphill). It's a 10 minute walk to the small boat harbor ... here is where you can take a boat trip to Lindos (we did). Our hotel included breakfast and dinner, the dinners where very nice with a good assortment of offerings. It was nice to come back to the hotel and not have to worry about where we going to have dinner that night. The staff was quite friendly and helpful .. though most guests seemed to be French/German.

The beach lounge chairs/umbrellas are rented from the city for 3.50e per day -- a most affordable price. We swam in the Aegean Sea -- it was nippy for the first week of May but I can see why folks love it. It is a stoney beach - aqua slippers help. We booked this hotel through expedia and I would certainly stay here again.

I thought of driving around the island also, but our hotel was so nice we decided to spend one day at our own beach - relaxing (this was done on a Monday -- some of the sights are closed on Monday). Rhodes has very good shopping -- we each bought 2 pairs of leather sandels in old town, mine were made on the island and cost 25e, daughters were more fashionable, Greek made and cost 30e. Also, in old town near the back we found a nice jewerly store run by a Turkish man -- purchased a unique slip on necklace and metal bracelet.
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 02:00 PM

I just returned from Rhodes and would recommend the Nikos Takis hotel in old town Rhodes. The staff is wonderful and it is perfectly located off the Street of Knights. However, it is a small boutique hotel and not one of the large beach hotels if that is your preference. Also, Lindos did not live up to my expectations. However, it is easy to reach by ferry (one day excursions are ~23 euros), bus (one hour each way for 4 euros), or rental car.
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 07:28 PM

Last summer we stayed in Faliraki ( spelling??) at the Grecotel. Although it was nice to be on the beach during part of the day, I would not recommend basing there. It's about a 20 minute taxi ride each way from Rhodes Town, and if we were to go again, that's where I'd stay. There's much more to see and do in the Old Town, and you can easily grab a cab or bus to Lindos from there ( it's about 45 minutes).