RHODES [For today anyway]

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We have come full cycle. We started with a villa in Crete in July, 2011. Then the family decided it was too hot in July. So plans changed to France. But now, the family has decided that Rhodes in late June will be our destination. We are taking our grandchildren to Greece for eight nights for their graduation, one from high school and the other from college. We will now have eight or ten people. Our first night will be a resort north of Athens using Starwood points. Then we will fly to Rhodes and rent a villa for seven nights. I have done some research and bookmarked a number of villas. But looking for local agencies that rent villas. Our requirements are 1. 8 people, four bedrooms, with at least three bathrooms and 2. 10 people, five bedrooms, with at least four bathrooms. Any help is appreciated. Note; We eliminated Paros because I could find no direct flights. I do not do well with ferries, as I recall vividly the ferry from Santorini to Crete in rough water. If there is a flight, Paros would be a consideration.
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Iris

Your spec is difficult to match but here are some Rhodes villas to check out that may suit:

http://www.rhodes-villa.com/facilities.html

http://www.lindos-rhodes-villa.com/

http://www.villajenny.com/

http://lindiansun.com/default.aspx

http://www.villalindosblue.com/

Joe
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Joe; Thanks. My daughter will be making frequent flyer flights in August and then I will be booking a villa. Your reply was appreciated. Richard
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Still looking for more information on villa's in Rhodes for 8 or 10 people. Also, would like to know what airlines fly non-stop from Rhodes to other European destinations on a Saturday? Intend to take just the grandchildren to somewhere else in Europe after the week in Rhodes. Not sure where. Have found Air Berlin has some Saturday flights. Thanks
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 06:30 AM

I suspect that the amount of bathrooms you want makes it hard to find.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 07:43 AM

Last summer I organized and planned a trip to Greece, for 7 family members. Naturally, a villa would have been fantastic, but the reality is it is difficult to accomplish with everyone's wants and needs. Also, our longest stay in one place was a week, and then we did other locations for shorter stays. All ageed to rent separate units in the same complex, This afforded all the necessary baths and beds. Plenty of get togethers on the largest balconies at each place.. more privacy too. Another bonus was that we could be in the exact area we wanted as most large villas are off the beaten path. If you go this route, be certain to reserve early in order to secure accomadations in the same complex.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 09:21 AM

If you want to see what airlines fly directly to Europe from Rhodes, why don't you view the Aegean Air or Olympic Air websites to find flights?

It isn't that difficult, sweetie darling.

Why do you want to visit Rhodes?

Don't you think you should decide WHERE on Rhodes you will stay? There is a big difference between Rhodes Town, Faliraki, or Lindos.

What will your grandkids do all day in Rodos? Go to the beach?

In July, 2007, Keith, Muffy, and I stayed at the Rodos Park Hotel just outside the Amboise Gate of the Old Town. We stayed 5 days. I think we would have been bored to sobs if we stayed longer.

Thin
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. I have looked at Aegean Air and all the flights go thru Athens. Air Berlin is a good possibility. Rhodes and Lindos will take up a few days. Will also visit the ruins on the island. For my family, we will have plenty to do, as everyone has a love of adverture and hiking. All did six miles on the Cinque Terre trail. Plain and simple. This is where the kids want to go and it's their graduation gift. I have found half a dozen villa's that would work. Just looking for more. Richard
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Everybody is happy. Villa has been booked. Total of ten family going and have six bedrooms/four baths. The graduates/grandchildren will each have their own room. My daughter has just finished making eight flights using FF miles. Now the kid's, my wife and I will be watching for flights over the next few months. So, the villa is on Rhodes Island, near Lindos. Kim is wonderful to work with. We will meet her in Copenhagen on the 16th or 17th, this month. Richard www.ownersdirect.co.uk/greece/GR745.htm p.s. First choice of bedrooms--of course, the kid's.
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

We are back from our trip and have meet Kim in Copenhagen. Kim actually is a man, a name given to both men and women. Had a lovely meeting with him at our hotel. Knowing who the owner is was a plus for us. Before going to Rhodes, I have booked five rooms at The Marriott 'Ledra' for one night, directly on their web site. On returning home, I have booked two rooms on 'priceline, name your own price' at the five star Athenaeum Intercontinantal for a total of $150 US. Both hotels not in the best location, but they will suffice. Now will be looking for air fare over the next few months from Boston. Currently in the $1400 pp range. Also, Athens to Rhodes. OK, Greece in June.