My husband and I are travelling from Frankfurt to Cologne via the Rhine River in mid December 2014 and I was looking for some advice on the points below if possible.
* I have heard that the Left side (Left Rhine Line) is more scenic but only goes from Mainz to Cologne. We are happy to catch the train from Frankfurt to Mainz then change. Which site is the best to buy the tickets from? We would like to buy them in advance.
* I realise that at that time of year not everything will be open. But can anyone suggest a couple of towns that have a good amount of things open for us to stop off on the way? We would like to visit a Christmas market and a castle if possible and just sample the local food and wine.
* With the train ticket mentioned before, can we just hop off and on as we like?
* We will have our backpacks with us. Is there anywhere to store them when you get off the train?
* Any other tips/advice that people have would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 3 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 4 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 5 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Getting around Lisbon
- 9 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 10 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 11 Milan airport--which one
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Which Area in London?
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Visit to France
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017