Revised requirements for Italy after August 30

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears that ALL travelers from the US, Canada, and Japan will need to take a test (PCR or antigen) 72 hours prior to ARRIVAL in Italy, EVEN IF THEY WERE VACCINATED:
https://www.trovanorme.salute.gov.it...%20&serie=null

I do not read Italian but this was posted on TA, and the relevant sections were translated. It is in effect from August 31 to October 25 and is an ordinance on the Italian public health website as of Aug 28.

And this presumes a non-stop flight. Don't forget that this may vary depending upon the rules governing the countries that one is transiting through on a stopover.

Last edited by progol; Aug 29th, 2021 at 10:35 AM.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 10:41 AM

Correct - but the deadline for the test is reduced to 48 hours for certain areas of origin, primarily UK and Cyprus;

b) presentation to the carrier upon boarding and to anyone in charge of carrying out the checks, of the certification of having undergone, in the seventy-two hours prior to entry into the national territory, to a molecular or antigenic test, carried out by means of a swab and negative result. The deadline is reduced to forty-eight hours for entry from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands and British bases on the island of Cyprus and excluding territories not belonging to the European continent).

So, the negative test requirement is back on the table for citizens of Canada, Japan, and the US - it is no longer proof of full vaccination OR a negative test.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 11:32 AM

Interesting. I was reading that the EU was recommending only vaccinated US citizens be allowed in, not those with just a negative test. Of course each EU country is free to set their own rules.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by hetismij2
Interesting. I was reading that the EU was recommending only vaccinated US citizens be allowed in, not those with just a negative test. Of course each EU country is free to set their own rules.
I think what they are saying is you have to be both vaccinated AND take a test.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by rialtogrl
I think what they are saying is you have to be both vaccinated AND take a test.
This is correct. I only pointed the requirement which had changed, which is the negative PCR or Antigen test. The requirement to be fully vaccinated was already in place and remains.