Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Reviews of "Vacations In Paris"; other Paris apt. agencies

Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning a trip to Paris in June with my teenage daughter. The Vacations in Paris rental site looked really good. I've seen a few posts about them, but would be interested in any more info. I can get. Favorite apts? Bad experiences? Thanks so much!
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:34 PM

Unfortunately, we had a bad experience with them. We rented the Deluxe apt in the 7th which is a great location. But our building was covered in scaffolding and undergoing exterior renovations, which we were not informed about, and when we called the office, they said they had just heard about it from the previous renter. Because of the construction, we couldn't open the windows very much, so the place was dark and smaller than advertised. Plus it smelled of whatever material they were working on that day. Otherwise, they were pleasant to work with, but I wouldn't rent from them again. Maybe others have had better experiences. Good luck!
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM

You may e-mail me at [email protected]. I will be happy to answer any questions I can about the apartments we have rented.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 03:00 PM

We rented from Paris Vacation Apartments and were very pleased with the service. They take very good care of their guests and have a range of locations/prices. We chose the Palais Royal 2 Duplex, and though it was a bit noisy at night until the restaurant below closed up shop, it was a great location. I'd stay there again in a minute. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:17 PM

We also rented at the Palais Royal through ww.parisvacationapartments.com
They were an excellent company and I would rent from them again. I think they are a different company that the one you referred to, but an alternative. We will always use their service.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM

..just a question re choosing to stay in an appt. With toddlers an appt is very important but with a teen, I don't think it is as key. Is this your first time to Paris or are you a FF? I think for a first visit, I would choose a hotel UNLESS I had really small kids (age 1-4) or were staying for several weeks with the first days in a hotel..just some random thoughts.