Reload this Page >

Review/Relais Bosquet Hotel, 7th Arr. Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 01:36 PM
Lori

For those of you who are looking for a nice hotel in the 7th Arr. I'd like to mention the Relais Bosquet. We've been to Paris many times and this was one of the few times we've had a room with enough room to move about in. It is a 3*** hotel and rooms vary in size and price, but I had requested one of the "superior" rooms as they call them months ago as they are larger (22 meters we were told & have a/c for you summer visitors) and we got #53 which is on the 6th Fl. and has two large windows with a small balcony with a view of the Eiffel Tower! While the room was not huge by US standards it had ample space, as well as a separate hallway with a closet, WC and bathroom (nicely remodeled bathroom with a good sized counter top on the sink, bathtub & shower, hairdryer, a small stool and a glass table with shampoos and soap on it). The room was decorated nicely in yellows and floral print and best of all it had black out blinds for the windows at night. You press an elec. button and the blinds come down and shut out the light/noise. <BR> <BR>The hotel is located just off Ave. Bosquet and 1.5 blocks from Ecole Militaire Metro Stop. You can walk to the Eiffel Tower in about 10 min. The address is 19 Rue du Champ de Mars, between Ave. Bosquet and Rue Cler. The breakfast room is divided into two sections, smoking & non smoking. While they do not have non-smoking rooms I had asked that the room be "aired out" and I believe they did because we could not smell anything! <BR> <BR>Prices have gone up since I made our reservation and we paid the old rate (850FF) but the new rate is 1000FF for the large rooms. Breakfast was 65FF and included coffee (or tea), croissants, rolls, bread, strawberries & fresh orange juice. There is also a complimentary tray in the room with a coffee/tea maker and instant coffee & tea bags as well as a dish of candy (replenished every day). There was an in-room safe as well. Oh yes, there is also an iron and ironing board in every room. We spoke with the owner for quite a while and he told us they remodeled about 2 yrs ago and he is constantly trying to improve things. His name was Phillipe Hervois. I asked about family or connecting rooms and he said they are able to do connecting rooms (I think 51 & 52 on our floor would connect but each would also be separte giving a family 2 bathrooms). <BR> <BR>All in all we found it a pleasant place to stay and very convenient for us as we were also visiting family in the 7th Arr. The website is: www.relaisbosquet.com

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 02:21 PM
Judy

Lori, my dearest and best friend swears by Relais Bosquet and won't stay anyhere else when she goes to Paris! She always gets the "superior" room. She has not been back recently, and I will have to tell her about the improvements to the Hotel. She will be thrilled. Judy :-0 <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 04:19 PM

top <BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 04:09 AM
topper

to the top for Amber

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:10 AM
Sue

Just a note: according to their website, the high season rates are 1050/standard room, 1200/superior. But they are offering a promotion July 15-August 31: stay 5 consecutive nights and get a night free (I presume that means the 6th), which reduces the rate a bit. <BR> <BR>www.hotel-relais-bosquet.com