Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Review of Paris apt in 1st arrondissement

Review of Paris apt in 1st arrondissement

Nov 10th, 2008, 06:48 AM
yen
Original Poster

Review of Paris apt in 1st arrondissement

This summer, I stayed for six weeks at this one-bedroom (sleeps 5) Paris apartment in the 1st arrondissement:

http://www.vrbo.com/152911

I'm not a very active participant on this forum, but I'd like to thank everyone for making my first vacation to Paris such a wonderful experience. To say thanks, I'd like to share a review of this apartment. I've seen questions about it and Paris Visit Services (the managing agency) on this and other forums.

It's located at 29 Rue de Richelieu, and is listed on VRBO, Paris Attitude and other rental sites. It's conveniently located so that two metro stations - Palais Royal (line 1) and Pyramides (lines 7 & 14) - are nearby. It's a three minute (or less) walk to the Louvre, cafes are abundant on Rue Rivoli and if you like Japanese food, there are tons of Japanese restaurants around.

Renting through VRBO, I worked with Paul Bernie with the contract signing and bank wiring the initial deposit. After that, Paris Visit Services (PVS) handled the check-in / check-out and was the go-to agency during my stay. PVS was very responsive, answering emails within hours. They allowed me to have packages delivered to their office while I was in Paris and were just generally very easy to communicate with. My security deposit was returned on check-out.

The apartment is on the first floor. There's an elevator for the building, but it doesn't stop on the first floor. Walking up one flight of steps is necessary. There are two keys - one for the outer door and lobby door, and the other for the apartment door. There's another key for the trash room which is on the ground floor.

All rooms are outfitted with IKEA stuff: furniture, plates, beds, etc. If there were bookshelves everywhere, this apartment could be an IKEA showroom. It's a quiet building. Most of the noise comes from the street. The teak wood floors do creak a lot, but that's the nature of the material. There's no air conditioning, but they provide two fans if it gets too hot. There are no clocks or telephones.

I reserved this apartment late last year so I got it as a price that I considered to be a great value. Right now, it's gone up considerably, so I can't say that it's a steal, but it's as advertised online. The photos are not outdated, everything works, and the place is clean.

I hope this is of some help to anyone searching for this apartment in the future.
Nov 10th, 2008, 06:51 AM

Could you put your review on www.slowtrav.com? That's a more central site for apartment/villa reviews. And reviews of agencies.

Search this Thread