We are thinking of four days following Christmas for a little snow walking/light hiking and otherwise hanging out as a family (2 adults, 2 youth, 15 and 20) in the area. I already have cancellable reservations for a family apartment (Family Hotel Tirolerhof) for flexibility. We have quite thoroughly toured Munich and surrounds, and have visited Linderhof, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Innsbruck, Salzburg, and Berchtesgaden, as well, have been visited more than once or twice, as well as GAP.
1. What might we expect in terms of weather, generally, at this time of year?
2. Though we are not opposed to revisiting any of the above areas, where else might we consider for day outings/hiking/snowshoeing? We have all of the proper equipment for winter outdoor activities, and will be driving our personal vehicle, so driving somewhere is not an issue.
In advance, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 4 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 5 Once upon a time in Italy
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 9 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 22 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 23 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 24 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga